Commonwealth Bank Series

Not impressed with his form and with 2 chances given that hasn't changed that. If he made a 100 with no chances given then I would change my tune but hes already given 2. This is just like Clark's cheap wickets.

Same happened with White so I'm not too convinced with him at 7 either. He should have been out LBW before he took the English apart with that quick fire 40. Then next 2 games you see him being exposed.

You'd struggle to see many innings' which doesn't have a chance or two.
Redemption for getting runout against India when he was looking superb.
And despite all, we're going at runrate of just under 6.

wfdu_ben91 said:
You sure don't like Hayden do you?
You can almost predict when his going to charge.
I wish he would just stop it.
Hayden has to go anyways, since someone has to make way for Watson.

wfdu_ben91 said:
You'd struggle to see many innings' which doesn't have a chance or two.
Redemption for getting runout against India when he was looking superb.
And despite all, we're going at runrate of just under 6.

Yea but they aren't playing for their spot. If Hayden was in the same position then fair enough it happens. Oh well he better make the most of this and make a 100.

wfdu_ben91 said:
You could just get rid of Cameron White?

Might do although Watson isn't a lower order batter. We need that big hitter at 7 to finish it off as if Hussey and Symonds are out in the last 10 then we bearly get 60 runs in that period.

Still missing the big hitter though as Clarke has been tried down there but isn't the big hitter we need. If White doesn't prove himself then Voges should be tried. Watson way in is for Hayden but if Hayden makes a 100 well Watson will have to wait it out on the sideline.

Andrew Symonds? Mike Hussey can be a big hitter?
Cameron White is for me, will just end up being another Ian Harvey who can't bowl.
Can't play a genuine finisher when you've got the likes of Clarke, Symonds, Hussey. You may as well play Brad Hogg instead but that would be playing 5 genuine bowlers?

I think Watson will come in regardless of Hayden's performance. Ponting will always welcome a decent bowling hand for middle overs and breaking a partnership as such.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Andrew Symonds? Mike Hussey can be a big hitter?
Cameron White is for me, will just end up being another Ian Harvey who can't bowl.
Can't play a genuine finisher when you've got the likes of Clarke, Symonds, Hussey. You may as well play Brad Hogg instead but that would be playing 5 genuine bowlers?

Yea but what if they get out? It's happened a number of times last year when we should have got 300 but got 250 because we lost those 2. We saw in the 2nd game what it's like to have a big hitter at 7.

What if White gets out for a golden duck then? You're using him as a genuine finisher (batsman) and his batting at number 7? Then his useless. It's a waste of a slot for another bowler especially since he isn't the class of Hussey or Symonds. Hussey or Symonds would be batting where he is if we brang Watson in and batted at him at number 4.

If you want that extra bowler just change Watson for Hayden problem solved on the bowlers front and you still have 3 big hitters down the order.

Yeah but White's useless in a crisis from what I've seen. He isn't complete enough as a player to be playing a permenant finisher.

Hayden's starting to push the runrate here.
Ponting's doing a great job talking him through this.

Hes usually better than that but if he keeps going like that then drop him and try Voges.

Looks like Hayden is finally looking good at the crease.

I'm not saying drop White and bring in some new guy. I'm saying drop White and bring in Watson and bat him at 4 if Hayden continues to bat well.

Haha, Hayden doing the Malloye!
C'mon Hayden get the half a ton!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread