Commonwealth Bank Series

Watch out NZ, the lethal pair is in (Hussey, Symonds). Some of the partnership between these two have been amazing, not just with the boundaries but their running between wickets.

The death man Gillespie gets Roy. I see why NZ picked him for his death bowling hasn't been too bad this over. Lets see what Whitey has got, this is his zone.

Another over of Mills will do the trick to 350.

Gillespie is getting a hang of White here, mostly yorkers so far.

I picked to go out the wrong day. 2 centuries in a match would've been amazing to watch. 330 will be a very nice total but will probably cause a collapse.

Thats the way to bowl to any batter, streaky 4 the ball before from the slogger. My God Hussey lofts a 6 of Mills now.

Big total. But I noticed Zimbabwe got 301 against Australia on that ground. I am sure we have a shot at chasing it.

I wouldn't count us out yet. Lets see how we are after 20 odd overs, if we can still win yay, if not, we have B ondy and Franklin sitting out resting and will thrash England for a place in the final. Those are the only impotrtant matches in the series. We are never expected to win these, so it will be a bonus.

Aussies batted well. Still, had we taken our catches, they wouldn't have such a score on the board.

Fleming was definatly not helped out, had to leave the powerplay, unfortonatly the bowlers didn't get a wicket, and he was made to look a little silly. Not a bad move, just unlucky.

Vettori shone like a beacon. He is World Class. Second best ODI spinner in the game. No doubt about it. And he has heaps of yours in him yet. Fantastic bowling, as usual, the Aussies couldn't score off him.

Gillespie bowled well at times, so did Mills, so did Patel but really, they bowled too many poor deliveries at times.

A little annoyed Hussey gets another not out. As if he needed a more inflated average *rolls eyes*.

THe pitch is a belter, if this score was ever to be chased, theres no reason why the pitch will get in the way. Unless it magically changes over the break.

At least our batters can play aggressively.

Haha a great massive total Australia. I enjoyed it emensly! Hmm evertonfan sais england was gonna get 300 first in this series, I don't think so mate lol. Yea it was great seeing Hayden get a ton, thanks to Hamish, Vettori and Taylor :laugh Thanks to them for helping Haydos! :D

Hayden is awesome! That's why it should be mandatory for Australia to bat first because they won't be 3/40 off 15 overs :p

NZ have been very poor in the field all tournament.

symonds_sixes said:
NZ have been very poor in the field all tournament.

You missed the last game against England.

We didn't put a foot wrong.

I don't know why it's been shabby against Australia.

I must say I am dissapointed in Taylor most of all. Marshalls chance was very difficult, only a half one. Vettori's wasn't hard, but the odd catch goes down. Not that he isn't to blame really. But had he taken his we may not have gotten Gilly.

How can you drop someone again 4 runs later? Argh, he made a mess of it. I remember when he almost skrewed up another skier, but Astle took it in the end. He needs practice. We just had Gilchrist back, why didn't he take that catch. Argh.

Funny how everyone wanted Hayden dropped. I remember sticking up for him. Then again, had he been caught things would be different.

In times like these, i'll just be thankful i'm not English. It's a shame Aussies didn't face them, coulda been the 400 they wanted.

Really surprised that the Black Caps have been so bad in the field against us. Usually they pick up there game playing us including fielding.

On Hayden well pretty much proven right on his bad form early on, could have been gone for a duck and been dropped for the last time. But looks like the Kiwis have put him back in form so good luck to the opposition bowlers :)

I've always stood up for Hayden. He's been the best opener Australia has ever had. He would of never been dropped for the WC because it's ultimately Ponting's decision and he is a big fan of his. I would have him in the squad even if he made all ducks this tournament. At least when he's batting slowly you know he can turn it on if he needs to, unlike Katich, the worst opening we've ever had.

Users who are viewing this thread