Commonwealth Bank Series

Huge 6 from Vincent this is why I don't get why he was dropped. If he fires he can get the Black Caps off to a flyer.

Well Vincent is doing good, i have never felt comfortable after we got 348, New Zealand have chased big totals against us before.

That was with a Mr Lewis ;) This is our full strength lineup, definitely our full bowling one so if they can't defend this we are in big trouble.

McGrath the master gets Fleming just when he was looking good.

It's good to see NZ actually putting up a fight here.
Keep in mind McGrath didn't play last time New Zealand chased down 330 either and Johnson & Bracken have improved by since then.

I never wanted Hayden dropped, our best opener ever and one of the best batsman we've ever produced. I hate seeing him when his out of form but loving watching him batter the opposition when his on song. His a complete player, averaging over 50 in Test Cricket & over 40 in ODI cricket. He was the obviously pick for the opening slot for the WC and when he scores big, he does it consistantly. I guess it's better his finding form towards the later part of the tournament rather then starting well and starting to die off. And as far as having a slow strike-rate, well he striked a quicker century then the worlds best batsman did. :D

On the otherhand, credit to Stephen Flemming for bringing Vettori on as soon as Hayden decided to go the slog because if he had've kept the quicks on then it could've gotten allot uglier.

Wow, didn't realise that Hayden was Australia's best opener ever...

New Zealand off too a pretty good start but the Powerplay's ending and these middle overs could start to see a little drop in the current run-rate.

If they can keep with the run rate they are a chance with McCullum, Oram and Mills all big strikers of the ball.

I think this is why we prefer a slightly lower total. If Australia got 280 this game would be right in the balance.

Clarke goes past the pads of Taylor there look like he went too far across. Johnson taking a smashing today which is a bit worrying.

aussie1st said:
Clarke goes past the pads of Taylor there look like he went too far across. Johnson taking a smashing today which is a bit worrying.

Johnson has bowled a lot better than McGrath, and his fielding was far superior to McGrath's. Perhaps give PIdge a resrt?

Well you would expect his fielding to be better than McGrath ;) But it's been amazing that direct hit for the runout from that far away was the best I've seen in awhile.

Dam that Oram can hit a cricket ball, smacked two massive 6s of Pup. No more overs from him I would think. Well there goes McGrath now.

Drewska said:
Johnson has bowled a lot better than McGrath, and his fielding was far superior to McGrath's. Perhaps give PIdge a resrt?
mcgraths first match in two games i believe, i just got back from the game ;)

Clarke can sure bowl well in the middle order but no way he can take the likes of Oram or those final overs. New Zealand still right in the balance of a win :( Oram is set to overdrive and getting some strong support from the other end. Australia need to bowl well here.

Users who are viewing this thread