Commonwealth Bank Series

He deserved that hundred! 100% Wahct an amazing innings. McCullum was a little dissapointing in a way. That first over after the break, you could tell it affected us, 9 runs, hmmm doubt we woulda got em anyway but man, that is a close finish.

It came down to 9 runs out of 340 something. Amazing performance by us. I am proud. We consistantly chase massive 300 scores against Australia and come close.

I don't think many teams could take McGrath for 70's and the other bowlers for what we did.

Great game of cricket.

We should beat England easy. No excuses not to.

A lesson to England on how to fight even when the game is nearly lost. Brilliant from New Zealand, even better from Australia.

Well done NZ! I never would of believed it lol Now even the Aussies dropped catchs, so yea pressure is pressure. Nice to see NZ as the 2nd team to pass 300 amazing! Well glad the Aussies won, but it was a good wake up call for them...Well done Oram and co.

Even though McGrath and Bracken were expensive it was good death bowling by them. Without those two the Kiwis would have got that total.

The first NZ vs Aus game that I miss turns out to be a barnstormer. Typical.

Anyway, Buchanan finally gets the 'game' that he wanted thanks to the magnificent giant Jake. Now let's hope one of the England batsman can mimic his performance on Tuesday.

McGrath did well enough from restricting himself from going over 80. He bowled right up there and at most giving away just a single. Only times he really got hurt were the ones which were wide outside off. Figures look ugly but NZ were sure to get home without some tight bowling.

An excellent match.
Just pity the fact that i didnt view it completely.
Switched on my Tv when Nz needed 72 off 31 then went back to the last over.
A great effort.
Shows that we are in for some tight matches once again during the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy.

I wish you cocky Australians would shut up. You love thrashing teams so stop moaning. I guarantee as soon as Australia lose that they will start moaning at their players and all this talk of 'where's the challenge?' will completely disappear.

evertonfan said:
I wish you cocky Australians would shut up. You love thrashing teams so stop moaning.
Yeah, 60 overs of cricket against your rabble is awesome fun and riveting to watch, no cricket fan would prefer to have a close match going right down to the wire :rolleyes:

brad352 said:
Yeah, 60 overs of cricket against your rabble is awesome fun and riveting to watch, no cricket fan would prefer to have a close match going right down to the wire :rolleyes:

Your winning so what's the bloody problem? Doesn't matter if it's entertaining as long as you win.

evertonfan said:
Your winning so what's the bloody problem? Doesn't matter if it's entertaining as long as you win.
If all anyone cared about was winning we'd all just check the score at the end of the game, after all why does it matter what happens in between as long as we win.

brad352 said:
If all anyone cared about was winning we'd all just check the score at the end of the game, after all why does it matter what happens in between as long as we win.

Surely you enjoy watching your team rout another? This might be were we differ, but it's just as entertaining to watch a side skittle out a batting line-up and smack the runs off in quick time in my opinion.

evertonfan said:
Surely you enjoy watching your team rout another? This might be were we differ, but it's just as entertaining to watch a side skittle out a batting line-up and smack the runs off in quick time in my opinion.
The most recent game we played against England was an example of what I'm talking about- it wasn't an exhibition of great bowling, just impotent batsmen who couldn't put anything away and then play ridiculous shots out of frustration and get themselves out. Watching someone like Symonds toss up pies until Collingwood has a go and lobs the easiest of catches to mid off isn't good cricket by anyone, it's cringeworthy more than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread