Commonwealth Bank Series

Dam what is this rubbish, our best game all season now screwed by rain. I was really looking forward to seeing how we would stop Oram and McCullum.

aussie1st said:
Dam what is this rubbish, our best game all season now screwed by rain. I was really looking forward to seeing how we would stop Oram and McCullum.

Wow, very cocky. You mean if. Get over yourself Australians. And thats our best game too. I'm gutted. Things havn't gone our way either. The dropped catches could have been the difference.

The commentators are doing a great job, I must say. No bias. We have a chance. Or had. Aussies will end up winning by DL now. :/

Ruined an exciting finish. It really did seem like it could come down to the wire.

Oram was on ifre. Some huge sixes. He's in great form. Those two out there, if theres any two could of done it. 11 an over isn't impossible.

And why the hell was my post removed. I'll just have to repeat my points which I have copied

Vincent got another shocker from that blind asuf rauf or whatever the idiot is called. Get him off the panel! He hasn't made 1 right decision. Straight off the gloves and bat, no pad in it at all. Now how are we supposed to chase 340 runs if we have that crap. Unbelieveable. Our chasing before that was very good batting. Even if we only got to 300 ish we could have been proud.

He's absolutly useless. The ICC need to sort him out.

And of course, that totally ruins the flow and more wickets tumble. USELESS UMPIRE! GIVE SOME BAD DECISIONS TO AUSTRALIA, NOT US ALL THE TIME.

Maybe it's time for technology, if thats the best the ICC has. It's not acceptable. He must be blind.

Things looking better. Rains eased a little and no loss of overs until 30 minutes passes or something.

But Oram and McCullum were in and doing well, this disruption won't help them.

irottev said:
Wow, very cocky. You mean if. Get over yourself Australians. And thats our best game too. I'm gutted. Things havn't gone our way either. The dropped catches could have been the difference.

Touchy touchy, gee cool down already. I didn't even mean to take a stab. Would I have said this is the best game all tour if I thought the Kiwis couldn't win?

aussie1st said:
Touchy touchy, gee cool down already. I didn't even mean to take a stab. Would I have said this is the best game all tour if I thought the Kiwis couldn't win?

The reference was at this comment, not the thing about your best game

I was really looking forward to seeing how we would stop Oram and McCullum.

I love the use of the word 'would'. If we happened to pull off something amazing and win i'd make sure to have that quote in my sig.

Back on...
Need Shaun Tait in their to break some middle stumps. :P
Hmm, Bracken's the only one who looks like he can break through. No one seems to be able to pick his slower ball, I'd never write off McGrath either. ;)

McGrath fielding is struggling though, should have caught that and had Oram. So far away from that Adelaide catch he took a few summers ago.

I don't get why you seem so angry irottev. It "is" interesting on how the Australian bowlers will step up to the class of Oram and McCullum. This will be an interesting finish to see if we can stop the NZ recovery.

McGrath drops one :( Could've changed the momentum completely.

Awesome 100 by Oram hes filled the boots of Cairns today with this finish.
Not often you seeing McGrath with those figures, good effort by the Kiwis awesome try at the chase.

What a great match. New Zealand will get alot of confidence against England on Tuesday. Well done New Zealand, Aussies finally got a good game for once.

That's an awesome hundred. Some clean striking and massive hitting should give some inspiration to the New Zealanders but it didn't get the celebration it deserved. And some impressive support from McCullum.

If they make the final it's sure to be a good one and the tour of NZ will look to be a lot more exciting after that!

Add Styris and Bond and it's good luck to the Poms trying to beat NZ :) Should be a NZ v Aus final as predicted from the start and that should be a cracker as it usually is.

Some very expensive bowling figures for all our bowlers bar Clarke and Lee.

Fantastic run-chase by Newzealand. I just wish McCullum had been more innovative. For example try and hit the full tosses down to fine leg instead of straight down the ground. But it was still a great effort by those two players. After a long time, I saw shades of Lance Klusener in Oram's efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread