Commonwealth Bank Series

Thats cause thats what I'm saying not what you're saying. I can't see the selectors moving Clarke again, and Symonds has been 5 since the last WC and again can't see them changing that. So Watson would have to be down the order.

Hayden used his luck at least hes starting to look good now, well in on the 50.

Well yeah, it is what you're saying. You're saying that they should drop White and replace him with someone else (particulary Voges), not what they will do when they could just replace him with Watson and not drop Hayden at all and put a makeshift opener in at his replacement.

Good half century by Hayden, not his best but mentally he played very well. Just needs to keep going at the rate his going at and carry his bat through the innings.

Both Hayden and Ponting are looking for centuries. Hayden playing well after a few bad games at the crease. Still needs more boundaries, alot of singles in the Innings

1/148 Australia

Well I suspect the selectors will do what you are saying but Watson at 7 which isn't what we need. He is even less secure when the pressure is on and certainly isn't a finisher.
I'd rather just keep this lineup, give White more chances heck we've given Hayden a heap already.

Haydens had 3 chances. You have to take them to expect tem to win.

Chasing a big target might do good for our batsmen. Batting will get harder unfortonatly, but we have done it before.

Some good bowling overall really, just havn't taken the chances. Crucial toss too. The batsmen will probably be drained from the heat.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Watson
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Lee
Johnson
Bracken
McGrath

That's the lineup I'm talking about.

Yea I know what you're talking about but the selectors won't change their whole middle order just for one player. Clarke has been going well at 4 already, Symonds made his name at 5 and Hussey is good at 6.

YESSSSSSS!!! YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!!
Well done Matthew Hayden. Almost a run a ball hundred. His proven again.
Can he beat his highest ODI score?

Maybe this is what Hayden needed, starting to take the Kiwis apart now.
100 was very nice after that shakey start. As long as he doesn't get a duck next game, I'll take my humble pie. :p

wfdu_ben91 said:
Hayden's made 38 runs off his last 15 balls faced.
His no Simon Katich.

EDIT: Damn it!

Katich did something similar in the 20/20 in SA I think :)
Good inns in the end, shame to see him go as this will slow us down a bit.

Good work Aussies I actually feel sorry for NZ lol

Congrats on winning CB Series and World Cup in advance ;)

So, I guess we will have first 300 of the series than, too bad it isn't against England :p

Users who are viewing this thread