Commonwealth Bank Series

siddharth2002 said:
All things aside, does that mean English team has improved or would have improved?
Anyone with half a brain would answer that:p
My point is that it's all very well moaning about how poor England are if they'd beaten us like they did in the latest game all the time. I.e. bowling us out for a low score and knocking them off easily. But to moan when one wrong decision is the difference between winning or losing is just stupid.

What ticks me off is the fact that because are batting has been awful the press have failed to focus on the fact that our bowling has been pretty good. Sooner or later in this series batting will just click and score 350 because it's been brewing for ages now.

Well those are just Aussie tactics and if English can't cope than might as well not show up, simply hand over the Ashes. Of course not having your main players is not helping but still...
Or why not win one over Aussies for a change and that should at least give Fletcher something to brag.

MUFC1987 said:
That's not the point. All this about Australia dominating and England not beating them at all in this One Day series is down to an Umpiring error, yet your esteemed coach seems to find a reason to moan every couple of days about poor opposition.

Hes got wins on the board so he can say what he wants if he keeps winning. Go prove him wrong and make him look stupid.

evertonfan said:
What ticks me off is the fact that because are batting has been awful the press have failed to focus on the fact that our bowling has been pretty good. Sooner or later in this series batting will just click and score 350 because it's been brewing for ages now.

I do hope I sense sarcasm Matthew.

I'm afraid that for once i'm being serious young Stephen. No team can consistently get bowled out for peanuts for this many matches in a row. We will eventually just have one mammoth innings where everyone contributes.

evertonfan said:
I'm afraid that for once i'm being serious young Stephen. No team can consistently get bowled out for peanuts for this many matches in a row. We will eventually just have one mammoth innings where everyone contributes.

You do realise we're talking about England here :p?

evertonfan said:
haha lol, not every team is like Sri Lanka. You need talent to do that, which is not quite there in current lot. And you don't make big score by slog sweeping Brett lee. That's only possible in EA's Cricket 2007.:p

evertonfan said:

I just don't see where any score is going to come from. The team is dejected, the batsmen are horribly out of form and can't seem to use their brains. Oh it's a powerplay, let's slog even if we are 50-3!

stevie said:
I just don't see where any score is going to come from. The team is dejected, the batsmen are horribly out of form and can't seem to use their brains. Oh it's a powerplay, let's slog even if we are 50-3!

Thats one thing. We shouldn't be 50-3 going into the 2nd/3rd powerplay. Why can't we be 70/0 after 10 overs, like every other team does a lot of the time.

I feel the same way Stevie but i'm still hanging on to my one ray of optimism. Form can change at the click of a finger or a drop of a hat and all it really takes is one booming cover-drive and a player can remember how to bat again. Bell, Collingwood, Strauss, Fred, and Loye all have the talent in them to make scores and one needs to remember that well known phrase; "Form is temporary, class is permanent". I've got a hitch that our batting will fire at some point in this tour, and i'm clinging on to that belief.

Lol this set of English batsmen won't even touch 350. At full strength maybe but not this team. And you do know England have only made 350+ twice in the history of their game. One against Bangladesh, the other a 55 over game.

England need a new coach. I think Fletcher has been with them for long enough. They need to move on. Flintoff is not a good captain. They definatly do better with Vaughan. Strauss looks like a captain. He looks smart and like he's thinking. Flintoff looks away with the fairys half the time.

The way Bell played was great. The rest of the team need to play with that confidance and aggression. Collingwood looks badly out of form and the bowlers have walked all over him.

I think Strauss has been going ok, just needs to carry on. He does the hard work in getting in. Loye can play a good innings, just plays some silly shots. Needs to play every ball on it's merits. Flintoff has been comming in always with his team in trouble. Without Pieterson, he needs to be higher to avoid that.

I think Treschotick has been their biggest loss. He has a lot of experiance and has always been a key wicket.

Dalrymple and Nixon arn't good enough batsmen. Dalrymple especially, because he's been expensive and hardly used as a bowler.

If you look at the Australians batting you have a line up of aggressive players. Not one is a slouch. They all play positively.

England have enough skills to be posted 250 odd at least, but they don't have it mentally at the moment.

aussie1st said:
Lol this set of English batsmen won't even touch 350. At full strength maybe but not this team. And you do know England have only made 350+ twice in the history of their game. One against Bangladesh, the other a 55 over game.

I remember England made a decent total against Sri Lanka last year at Headingley, 300+, and they still lost that game due to the Sanath and Tharanga partnership. :p

kodos said:
I remember England made a decent total against Sri Lanka last year at Headingley, 300+, and they still lost that game due to the Sanath and Tharanga partnership. :p

Back then we were batting quite well, but are bowling was atrocious. Sort of reversed in this series.

Users who are viewing this thread