Commonwealth Bank Series

Feelin Blue? said:
Well why not play him 1 or 2 more games to let him bat a bit longer. Katich can start off great, i dunno i would be happy with both.

Well not like the selectors will be dropping him yet anyway. We bat first tomorrow and there is Hayden's last shot for me. Katich is not in the greatest form either nothing amazing for NSW. Having Watson back is what we need, then we have the 5 bowlers and can use the all rounders to full some overs.

i never like watson opening, and if we bat second and chase a small total again, if he finishes not out he gets another game again if he gets out drop him maybe, if we bat first he should be aiming for at least 50 off about at least 60 balls.

Watson bats 3 for the Bulls and has a 50 FC average so hes got the technique for the spot. Just needs to cut out those silly shots kinda of like what Clarke has done. Watson can lift the tempo though as he showed during his stint as opener.

He did what Hussey was doing early in his test opening career, playing pull shot which he top egdes for a catch.

He should be able to fix that with a few more games, if not he can just duck the bouncer until hes confident he can play it.

Lol easier said than done :) Strauss must have been told a million times to do it but hes always hooking in the air.

If it's the right length he should be able to go for it, Ponting plays both shots very well, Watson could learn a thing or two from him on that pull shot.

Harris had another MOTM performance in todays Twenty/20

3.5 overs, 3/14 including a trademark caught and bowled. Crucial wicket too.
Then smashed 65* off 45 balls. We won.

I'd be tempted to send Marshall home and bring him over. Give him a match against England if McMillan doesn't fire.

Not bad at all, his slow bowling is usually hard to get away so he'll add to the already strong NZ bowling lineup. Good finisher too so adds to the batting. Marshall doesn't look in any form atm, needs more time in domestic so yea Harris should come over and replace him.

that is a great proformance, send Marshall home, not doing anything, rather a sub or in the line-up getting a duck

I hear there's an opening in the NZ side, he might be picked up. Assuming Styris is fit soon, I think Marshall will go home one way or another.

THe problem is with Marshall. He performs for his domestic team here, he performs for his county team, but he doesn't perform at international level. He has the skills too. I must say, at least he's getting out to good balls and isn't playing stupid shots to get himself out. But it's hard to keep selecting him :( They keep moving him around the order. I think he's better for tests but not opening. About 4 or 5 maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread