Commonwealth Bank Series

irottev said:
I've noticed you take our side a lot mroe seriously and try field as strong a team as possible.

It must be because 'NZ always raise their game against Australia/NZ have a good record against Australia/NZ give Australia a good run for their money/some other fallacious summary of AUS/NZ contests'.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Aussies drop a game or two, its one day cricket, where a 10 over period of poor batting can cost you the match. If anything, I reckon Australia's ODI record is more impressive then their Test record. Not in terms of importance, but simply because the better side usually prevails in Tests because there is adequate time to recover from a bit of bad luck/poor play, and in ODI's it's really anyones game on the day.

As for the Australian ODI summer, why not bring back the Aus A team into the fold. That summer of 94/95 (I think it was, between Aus, Aus A, Zim, Eng) where Aus faced Aus A in the final was a cracker. Why was it a one off? Does it screw with the future tours program or something? Surely you could just have each of the four teams play each other one or two times less. I'm sure the Aussie public would want to see the next tier of guys, it should help crowds, ratings etc. And those 94/95 games were fiercely contested, a couple decided in the final over if I remember correctly. They could field a fairly decent A squad that should give all of the teams a run for their money, and what better way for prospective Australian players to prepare for the big time then... playing in the big time, against the best side in the world and the best the world has to offer. Something like...

Hayden (assuming Watson gets the nod)
Jacques
Hodge
North
Voges
Haddin
Hopes
Hogg (Aus bowling I assume is Lee,McGrath,Bracken,Clark)
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
Tait

I don't really want to see Marshall or Fulton opening, ill just hope that McCullum runs some more singles. And I want to see Styris back soon as we are now down a part-timer

irottev said:
With Astle out
Fleming
Vincent
Taylor
Fulton
McMillan
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Franklin
Bond
Gillespie
(

That would be pretty much the best lineup without Styris in the team. I'm not quite sure why they left Vincent out of the team, IIRC he did well against Australia in the last CH series where he gave NZ some great starts.

This article from SMH pretty much sums up that England's performances this summer have become beyond a joke.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21125664-23212,00.html

Also the fact that not only the English supporters have been cheated but also the 27 odd thousand fans that packed in at the Adelaide Oval that paid good money for the tickets. If the game ended by 7 pm I would be mighty pissed as well but lucky the game at the SCG finished right down to the wire :p

All this BS about England being poor is really starting to grate. If Hussey had a pair of you know whats, we would have beaten Australia. :thumbup:

Last edited:
irottev said:
And I hope NZ beat Australia. Might put your cocky coach in his place. I think the Aussies need a loss for their preparations. I don't expect you guys to rest the likes of McGrath and Bracken against us. I've noticed you take our side a lot mroe seriously and try field as strong a team as possible.

I'm sure he'll be more than happy to see that, all this winning and absolute smashings aren't doing our batters or bowlers any good. The bowlers not being able to bowl in the last 10 overs and the batters not being able to get enough time in the middle.

I Just finished watching the England Australia higlights and Hayden was a bit shaky but played a good role to Ponting and played some decent shots, his position is probably safe for most of this series. The innings by Ponting was great once again. And we do need our players to be challenged more, maybe if Ponting wins the toss for once..

Katich could have played that role too, he was dropped for being too slow so Hayden better pick up the pace next game or he too should be dropped for being too slow along with bad form.

I Didn't think Haydos was that slow, he just didn't want to lose his wicket with such a small total, Haydos can fire if a big total is in need, Katich has to play himself in more.

Oh he was slow bearly got a SR over 40. Yes he usually is aggressive but this series his SR is 53.06 which is worse than what Katich got dropped for. And you have to remember that was a 2nd string England bowling attack, Hayden in his prime would have had no fear for those bowlers infact they would be fearing him.

Yes, i admit he is shaky and slow but hes out of touch, let him get in touch and he and gilly will usually get Australia off to a blazing start. Let him get a bit of touch

MUFC1987 said:
All this BS about England being poor is really starting to grate. If Hussey had a pair of you know whats, we would have beaten Australia. :thumbup:
Whatever helps you sleep.

How long do you want to wait to get him in touch though? After the WC is over and we've lost it? This is Australia where if you don't take your chances another player will take it. You just have to ask Hussey and Clark who both took their opportunity when given.

Well why not play him 1 or 2 more games to let him bat a bit longer. Katich can start off great, i dunno i would be happy with both.

Drewska said:
EDIT: :eek: Brett Lee 8 overs for 8?!? With 6 of them coming off one ball. What the hell is going on with this team..

Maybe coz in cricket07 I edited his top speed and so the batsmen can't face him even in real life now? haha if only :)

Sando said:
As for the Australian ODI summer, why not bring back the Aus A team into the fold. That summer of 94/95 (I think it was, between Aus, Aus A, Zim, Eng) where Aus faced Aus A in the final was a cracker. Why was it a one off?

You don't remember what happened? Mark Taylor (Captain at the time) said never again will it happen because he hated how the Aussie A team was cheered, whilst his first Aussie team was booed in matchs they played. He hated it! So that's why it won't happen again...

Users who are viewing this thread