Commonwealth Bank Series

John Adams said:
lol making us look like the bad guys when all we've done is outplayed ya. This aint a war u know lol
Haha

"Tony Blair declares war on Australia for ruining lives of cricketers" :p

My Team for the Next Game;
Loye
Cook
Bell
Strauss
Joyce
Flintoff
Dalrymple
Read
Anderson
Lewis
Panesar

Vaughan coming in for Joyce when he comes back.

I think Cook would be a good option, i'm surprised at how well he did against Sri Lanka last year. I don't think we should drop Loye as he has showed sparks of brilliance and if he can get going we can do pretty well. But this morning was just abysmal, simply abysmal.

EDIT: :eek: Brett Lee 8 overs for 8?!? With 6 of them coming off one ball. What the hell is going on with this team..

woodywiss sa sa said:
My Team for the Next Game;
Loye
Cook
Bell
Strauss
Joyce
Flintoff
Dalrymple
Read
Anderson
Lewis
Panesar

Vaughan coming in for Joyce when he comes back.
I doubt Cook will play as he's not even in the squad. I agree with strauss down the order though.

stereotype said:
lol @ Collingwood being better than Flintoff
Flintoff is hyped up too much. Sure he shows signs of brilliance, but some seem to think that no matter what he does he's the best at it, which is just wrong.

Sureshot said:
One of Strauss, Collingwood or Bell have to be dropped, with all 3 out of touch (though Bell may be getting back into form after todays positive and good looking 35) one has to be dropped, they're just too unreliable. Strauss isn't looking in any kind of form, but Collingwood is looking even worse. Shah should be out here/there.
That's the thing I don't get. Strauss, Bell and Collingwood are decent enough players and the best top order we can manage at the moment. It would make more sense to me to drop someone like Dalrymple who is just pointless down the order and bringing in Bopara. Collingwood is more than capable of bowling 10 and even if he isn't then Bopara can chip in as well.

PhilD123 said:
Oh come on, he's at the top of the order to do a job, that is to make use of the powerplays. He got 36 at a run a ball against Australia last week. A player doing the job that he is, is going to fail a bit sometimes.
I agree he's there to up the rate, but he can do better than he is at the moment. There is a difference between controlled aggression and just out and out slogging. If he's always going to chase wide ones then they'll bowl at him there all day long. The first game was OK, but he needs to control himself more for my liking.

langerrox said:
i was referring to ODIs on this tour, hayden is a shoe-in, white is competiting with noone (don't know any #7 hard hitting batsman)

He'll get a game this series they never go through one where they don't rest Gilly. Haddin would be perfect for the squad as what if Gilly gets injured the night before the final? Last WC we had Maher at least, this one I haven't seen anyone tried for the keeping.

There is no way Hayden should be a shoe in though, dropped from the side and only brought back recently and in that recent time frame he has done nothing to suggest he should go. The only thing he has is experience but without the form that means nothing.

Haddin is more than capable down the order, Voges should be able to bat there as well.

MUFC1987 said:
Flintoff is hyped up too much. Sure he shows signs of brilliance, but some seem to think that no matter what he does he's the best at it, which is just wrong.

Gotta remember though that he is an allrounder, if anyone else had actually played their part in this series, he would be having a great Odi series. I don't know if he is hyped up too much, because he is one of the best in the world at what he does, but too much is definately expected of him, and I guess the two may go hand in hand.

He'll fail at one or other of his disciplines from time to time regardless, but when the rest of the batting lineup aren't making runs, and the rest of the bowling attack aren't taking wickets it's a tall ask to expect him to bail us out with both bat and ball every time. Had the England batsman actually been setting a platform for him, then I think we would have seen some useful lower order knocks from the lad. Whilst bowling wise he looks the only one who will keep the runs down and maybe take some wickets (although to be fair to Jimmy he was starting to look good before injury)

MUFC1987 said:
That's the thing I don't get. Strauss, Bell and Collingwood are decent enough players and the best top order we can manage at the moment. It would make more sense to me to drop someone like Dalrymple who is just pointless down the order and bringing in Bopara. Collingwood is more than capable of bowling 10 and even if he isn't then Bopara can chip in as well.

They are decent enough players but can you afford practically every batsman to be out of form?

I agree on the Dalrymple issue too. What is he doing? Journeymans job?

He's supposed to be in the squad for his batting yet batting at 8 you'd think he was in there to bowl, and he hasn't bowled much in this series.

With Astle out

Fleming
Vincent
Taylor
Fulton
McMillan
Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Franklin
Bond
Gillespie

If Vincent isn't ready after just comming over, keep him for England and move McCullum up for another match. Otherwise they could try Marshall again, don't know if thats a good idea though. He seems a good player for rotating strike. Thats been the problem. Fulton could be tried also.

Then rest Bond against England and play Mills. I feel Fulton and McMillan are playing for a place. Styris will replace one of them.

The batting just doesn't look the same without Nath :(

Hopefully Australia do beat New Zealand :p. That last match would be much more exciting with NZ and Eng fighting for that finals spot.

Hard for the English to actually find a proper squad now with their form up and down.

What's happened to Styris and Mills? They were tipped to play in the 4th game of this series.
Anyway not a bad lineup if they fire should be a good contest, Fleming must be due for a biggie.

Styris hasn't come over yet. He'll be going to Melbourne and Mills can't get a spot because all the bowlers are performing. Why would you drop any of them?

And I hope NZ beat Australia. Might put your cocky coach in his place. I think the Aussies need a loss for their preparations. I don't expect you guys to rest the likes of McGrath and Bracken against us. I've noticed you take our side a lot mroe seriously and try field as strong a team as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread