Commonwealth Bank Series

Also Australia are generally a team which tries to intimidate umpires, specifically sub-continent umpires. ;) I'm not saying in this particular case they intimidated Asad Rauf, but I've seen this kind of thing happen in the past when decisions are forced out of umpires by over-appealing. Something for which Australia never get punished as match referees turn a blind eye to it and commentators put it down to "the natural aggressive attitude" of the Aussies.

Yea we are naturally agressive. :D haha well you gotta admit that the appeal in that case wasn't intimidating. So please don't defend Asad's poor decision by trying to make the Aussies look bad :)

I said, in this particular instance, there was no overappealing. I already made my point about Asad Rauf being worse than some of India's domestic umpires.

Not our problem the umpires can't handle the agression of the Aussies :)
If they had a problem with it the ICC should have done something about it then Australia would have stopped doing it but since they have done nothing Australia see they are doing nothing wrong.s

Jacob Oram is an absolute beast. That NZ lower order of Oram, McCullum and Vettori IMO is the best in OD cricket. I'd take it over Hussey, White and Lee any day of the week.

I watched the Pakistan vs South African game and was amazed at how bad Pakistan's appealing was.
I don't get why they hire umpires who are mostly old. You'd think someone in their mid 20s to 30s would have a better idea then someone whose pushing 50.

Obviously White being the weaklink, chuck Oram in for him and it would be the best going around. White's just not as clean of a striker like Oram. His hits seem to go all over the place.

Brett Lee's batting has really fallen away in the last 12 months...then again, so's his bowling :rolleyes:

He had a good game against the English. Batting you just haven't seen the big hits from him cause usually we haven't needed him. Big hitting wise Lee can give it a tonk while Vettori is more a nugger for 4.

genghis_khan said:
Brett Lee's batting has really fallen away in the last 12 months...then again, so's his bowling :rolleyes:
Haha Lol, what's there to discuss about Brett Lee's bowling. He is in the team primarily for his bowling, not the batting.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Brett Lee was a better batsman years ago and Vettori has opened the batting for NZ before.
IMO, Cameron White has to go. His wasted batting at number 7.

Look at this! :D
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/278066.html

Did alright last game didn't give a chance and got a quick 20 odd. Deserves a few more goes just like someone else got to prove himself.

Good to see Tait finally getting into the ODI side can't wait to see how he goes.

Hows White gonna prove himself though? His batting at number 7! Ponting doesn't want to bowl him there is no reason to push him up the order as we have probably the best ODI middle order in the world.
Hussey can take White's slot at number 7 when Watson comes back and he can bat at 4 and we can move Hussey around the order like we've done in the past.
The selectors seem to only want him as a finisher and there is no reason to have him when we have Hussey, Symonds & our tail can hang around perfectly and feed them the strike.

aussie1st said:
Did alright last game didn't give a chance and got a quick 20 odd. Deserves a few more goes just like someone else got to prove himself.

Good to see Tait finally getting into the ODI side can't wait to see how he goes.

Yeh good to see Tait back in the Int'l fold but he's replacing Hilfenhaus which is ludicrous, he should be replacing Clark. Hilditch you knob. :mad

wfdu_ben91 said:
Hows White gonna prove himself though? His batting at number 7! Ponting doesn't want to bowl him there is no reason to push him up the order as we have probably the best ODI middle order in the world.
Hussey can take White's slot at number 7 when Watson comes back and he can bat at 4 and we can move Hussey around the order like we've done in the past.
The selectors seem to only want him as a finisher and there is no reason to have him when we have Hussey, Symonds & our tail can hang around perfectly and feed them the strike.

Keep hitting quickfire runs when they are needed which hes done and steady the ship when required. Why get a the tail to feed them the strike when you can have both batters going for it. Clarke and Symonds are more than capable of filling that 5th bowling spot so there is no point in having Watson.

Users who are viewing this thread