Commonwealth Bank Series

No Lewis or Anderson for tomorrow.

We should help save the planet and lose the game before darkness falls. That's our plan.

So bleak...

If Mahmood doesn't play I may just give up. I mean what does he have to do to play? He's certainaly as good as Plunkett and Tremlett are at the moment.

Blah, all I ever hear from Ben is "Hayden".

With Watson in the team we have a better line of attack in our bowling, White doesn't seem to be one of Ponting's choices when it comes to bowling those middle overs which does show he doesn't have much belief. I'd still want White in the team but Watson would be a more solid choice.

MUFC1987 said:
If Mahmood doesn't play I may just give up. I mean what does he have to do to play? He's certainaly as good as Plunkett and Tremlett are at the moment.

Drop Plunkett, Tremlett has some sense of control. Plunkett is like Merlin after a few pints....

I really don't see what Fletch sees in Plunkett.

Sureshot said:
Drop Plunkett, Tremlett has some sense of control. Plunkett is like Merlin after a few pints....

I really don't see what Fletch sees in Plunkett.
I think Plunkett has a lot of potential with bat and ball, but I agree he looked out of sorts in the other game, but then you can't blame him due to the lack of cricket he's played. If I wake up and see this lineup, I may well cry with joy:

Loye
Strauss
Bell
Joyce
Collingwood
Flintoff
Bopara
Nixon
Tremlett/Plunkett
Mahmood
Panesar

With all the players we have out, that may be the best we can put forward at the moment.

Leicester Fox said:
Surely Dalrymple should play or is he injured too
There's no point in playing Dalrymple down the order and I'd rather have Joyce and Collingwood in ahead of him, in the middle order.

MUFC1987 said:
I think Plunkett has a lot of potential with bat and ball, but I agree he looked out of sorts in the other game, but then you can't blame him due to the lack of cricket he's played. If I wake up and see this lineup, I may well cry with joy:

Loye
Strauss
Bell
Joyce
Collingwood
Flintoff
Bopara
Nixon
Tremlett/Plunkett
Mahmood
Panesar

With all the players we have out, that may be the best we can put forward at the moment.

Looks pretty good but doesn't Bopara bat higher normally?

symonds_sixes said:
Joyce is a poor ODI batsman. Dalrymple should definitely play ahead of him IMO.
I have no doubt that you're judging Joyce from the games on this tour. If you cared to check, he is actually a very good One day batsman.

MUFC1987 said:

Tbh I think Mahmood is a crap ODI bowler. Throwing him into this will probably hurt him even more.

Drewska said:
Looks pretty good but doesn't Bopara bat higher normally?
I agree that's not ideal, but I think the others are more likely to get a bigger score than him. Someone capable of pushing the ball around in the latter overs is vital, as ideally, he'd have Flintoff for company.

I'd only play Dalrymple if he bats above Nixon or if he's going to be bowled for his entire 10 overs. It's rather pointless him playing otherwise.

I want to keep Plunkett in the side as well though; As I often say, he has more than a bit of nip about him.

Users who are viewing this thread