Commonwealth Bank Series

symonds_sixes said:
You need to raise your standards, you'd have a much better ODI team.
You're right. Let's leave out Joyce and play the magical, invisibile guy, who averages 100. Oh wait a minute. He's the best we have available and I think he's a damn fine batsman and deserves a better chance.

On the Mahmood thing, it's pointless saying 'If he plays he'll get hammered' I'd rather take that chance as he has the potential to take apart the NZ batting order.

Drewska said:
Tbh I think Mahmood is a crap ODI bowler. Throwing him into this will probably hurt him even more.

He's not crap, just inconsistent. One only need to look how he bowled in the CT to see the quality he possesses.

MUFC1987 said:
On the Mahmood thing, it's pointless saying 'If he plays he'll get hammered' I'd rather take that chance as he has the potential to take apart the NZ batting order.

True, and the only way to see if he gets hammered or tears them apart is to play the bugger first!

MUFC1987 said:
You're right. Let's leave out Joyce and play the magical, invisibile guy, who averages 100. Oh wait a minute. He's the best we have available and I think he's a damn fine batsman and deserves a better chance.

Why not play a decent batsman who has a bit of intent and plays aggressively.

symonds_sixes said:
Why not play a decent batsman who has a bit of intent and plays aggressively.
1. I don't pick the team.
2. Joyce is a lot better than decent.

I want to see will Jefferson play for England. I know he hasn't been that good but i remember seeing him in a twenty20 last year and he looked devastatingly powerful

Jefferson can't be any worse than the rest of them.And he's ridiculously talll so we could have our own cricketing peter crouch

we could laugh at him. If you look at his averages they are similar to Loye and Strauss.

wfdu_ben91 said:
I'm sure I once saw you post about Watson batting at 4 and that you always saw him as a number 4 batsman. What difference does it make? Watson doesn't open for QLD either.
In ODI's I'm not really sure 6-7 really matter if they've got the potential like Symonds & Hussey do to play any sort of a role required in a OD International.
I wouldn't see much difference in batting Watson at 4, seeing as he batted at 3 his last FC class and that I've heard somewhere that he bats 4 in OD matches for QLD.
I didn't even bring up collaspes either, it was you who brung up the issue about 'if' our topline players were to fail as you were using it as an example as why we should select White.
Only thing that I'm worried about is that White really isn't needed for our WC campaign and that he might get selected in our WC squad over a glorified opening batsman who'd then be replaced by a makeshift opener who'll get burnt out and injured again!

That was when I was shifting Clarke to opener not moving the whole middle to lower order. If this had been done earlier then at least we could have seen what it's like but changing a whole lineup only a few weeks out from the WC is not good preparation. Remembering Watson hasn't been picked for this weekend and the selectors clearly saying this is the last time for experiements.
So the only way Watson will be coming in is down at 7 over White and you clearly don't trust in Watson ability down there either.

White will be in the WC squad along with Hayden and Watson so you don't have to worry about your fishing boy missing out.

Users who are viewing this thread