Commonwealth Bank Series

England have them 2/170, we beat them by nine wikctes when we played them, so they have one more wicket ;) geez they have improved :p well i did mean New Zealand cuz England might have improved but there not going strong

Lol :)
England badly need one of these two as if they are there come 40 overs both can really take off. Then you got Oram and McCullum to come, oh boy England are in big trouble. Should be a 300 total again.

We know this much, unless a miracle happens....Australia will have no problem whatsoever winning the finals. :laugh They always have enough talent to get through 99% of the time, even when pushed hard by the opposition.

I hope McMillan enjoye dhis last innings for a while. Silly shot to go out. THey just needed to keep patient and play Panesar out. With the amount of turn he was getting, he was always going to be stumped if he did that. Silly silly.

Great pitch. Spinners paradise. Surprising it's Panesars first wicket. He's been pretty negative with his bowling though. Theres positives and negatives with that though.

300+ definatly going to be posted. :)

Now VIncent out. Damn. Now our best 2 finishers are in. What can they do. Enough time to play themselves in too.

ARGH Monty got lucky there. McCullum shoulda played that last ball out. Probabably gonna be wide. Another batsmans error. They better get 300 here, we will only need 250, but I want to see 300!

We need Flintoff to clean up the tail quickly if we want even the slightest chance now

270 seems to be enough for me considering how much the ball is turning off the pitch and NZ do have two world class spinners at their disposal.

Thats why i said even for the slightest chance. we've still got a chance haven't we..... :crying

318 to chase. Anyone wanna put their money on England?

Amazing innings from Oram. World-Class All-Rounder right there. Fantastic to watch. 6 off Flintoff right back over his head. Great effort boys. I expected 300, but the other 18 are a bit of a bonus. Thanks for all the Wides England, they also helped.

The only unfortonate thing is that Taylor and Vincent both didn't go on, but things worked out very well anyway.

318 in the end with the in form Oram starting off from where he left off against us. The spin bowler again had the best figures on this pitch, even Freddy wasn't spared the pain.

Just when the plan of bowling Tremlett to avoid him having to field looks like coming to fruition, he goes and gets smacked for 22, great.

I think we can chase this though, I mean if we back away from everything outside the off-stump then we get wides given to us right?

Seriously though, the Umpire that isn't Rauf has been appalling. Taylor should have been long gone when he was stumped.

Yeah, should of gone up-stairs for that. Even so, it wasn't overly damaging. If England get to 300 (which shouldn't happen) then maybe it cost you, otherwise meh. The umpiring seems to have been one of the best so far, even with a bad decision.

The wides were fair enough. If you are referring to the wide to Oram backing away, it hit the line. The process of widing is up to the umpire based on it. I thought it was fair enough. Would have been called had he backed away or not I rekon.

Our bowlers shouldn't show the same ill-discipline. They have been pretty good so far.

The only way I can see England chase this is if Flintoff gets 100+. And even then, players will need to step up with 50's and quick cameos. Really, he's the only one I can see scoring quickly enough against this quality of attack.

Joyce and Loye are more than capable of sticking a ton on in the first 15. They're bound to go after the pace bowlers which is a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread