Commonwealth Bank Series

What? A good thing for Shane Bond? Sure it is. If Franko can bowl tight again he should be hard to get away. I hope the new ball still swings.

Plunkett was impressive at times today. The potential is there, just not the accuracy and consistancy. Could end up being a handy bowler in the future, still only 22.

-> Looking at the stats, it would have to be the highest run-chase ever by England. Good luck to them.

Stranger things will have happened if they chase it though. Records have to be broken some time. If Pieterson was there I would be a little less confident.

Freds captaincy is dire, put the good fielders on the boundary, Tremlett has no mobility yet he gets put at 3rd man?

Monty by far the pick of the bowlers, Plunkett did alright but still far too inaccurate.

If we chase this down I will propose to a randomly picked PC member.

Incidentally, this is why I said Mahmood should play over Tremlett. He would have been an improvement, if simply for the fact that Mahmood can run around the boundary at a decent speed, which Tremlett seems incapable of doing.

irottev said:
318 to chase. Anyone wanna put their money on England?

Amazing innings from Oram. World-Class All-Rounder right there. Fantastic to watch. 6 off Flintoff right back over his head. Great effort boys. I expected 300, but the other 18 are a bit of a bonus. Thanks for all the Wides England, they also helped.

The only unfortonate thing is that Taylor and Vincent both didn't go on, but things worked out very well anyway.

nah...only if he gets a couple of nice wickets. but yet another damaging innings nonetheless. If this is Oram at international level, he must totally kill it in the NZ domestic scene, what with those small grounds and relatively shizen opposition.

Tremlett hasn't really done anything with the ball.

Gotta feel for them, Oram pretty much timed everything.

MUFC1987 said:
Incidentally, this is why I said Mahmood should play over Tremlett. He would have been an improvement, if simply for the fact that Mahmood can run around the boundary at a decent speed, which Tremlett seems incapable of doing.

Aye, Tremlett is a good bowler but he needs to improve in many areas. His lines were ok, but lengths and the No Ball problem didn't help today. Plus that mammoth over at the end.

Saj should be playing.

This isn't looking good for england at all. New Zealand does deserve to wins this if England doesn't even get near New Zealand total run chase...

Oh yeah , this is what I am talking about. This is exactly what Oram and McCullum should be doing and if they keep their fitness, New Zealand will a team to watch in the world cup. These two blokes can hurt a lot of teams this way.

England going alright, but need to up things. Scoring will be harder after the powerplays and with the spinners presumably.

It's a pretty good start. Love to see Joyce make a 100 here :) Bell is going to have to play a major roll as well but Flintoff is going to really need to fire.

Yeah it is but they still need to maintain their current run rate or increase it to match the require run rate which would be better of course...as long as they don't lose wickets and start to slow down on their run rate...

With Flintoff he hasn't been in good form but yeah he needs or at least somebody out there in their team to cause some damage for the New Zealand to able to make a victory...

Fantastic wicket by Vettori

I hope Oram is alright. I hope this only puts him out til the finals or something. Looked bad! Wouldn't have heard the no-ball call. :(

Great commitment though! :( I really hope he's ok.

That is some extremely fast work from Vincent and once again Eng in trouble. :( Was really hoping for something big from Joyce.

Users who are viewing this thread