Commonwealth Bank Series

irottev said:
I don't think so. Lets hear the neutrals opinions. Vettori had an obvious edge turned down his last ball.

The commentators hinted at it. Panesar bowled far too wide and short. Vettori was pitching them much straighter and caused the batsmen much more trouble.

Considering England needed like 7 an over when Vettori started and they tried their hardest to score off him and couldn't. Panesar got gift wickets, two batsmen going for 6's. Vettori's first was brilliant and the second was from a poor shot, but hit middle stump.

I think it's quite obvious that Vettori has outbowled Panesar all series. Even Jeetan Patel has.

Now get over your Montymania.
As has been pointed out, both had wickets turned down. Panesar had something like 12 deliveries which beat the bat or were edged, that is top class bowling. How you can say Panesar had wickets gifted to him and Vettori didn't is beyond me.

m_vaughan said:
And Mal Loye is turning into another Afridi kind hit out or get out player. Atleast Afridi can bowl.
At least with Afridi you know he's capable as well. A top score of 36 is hardly going to carry us to World Cup Glory.

What Monty can do is vary both the pace and turn while Vettori relies more on consistency and accuracy.

MUFC1987 said:
At least with Afridi you know he's capable as well. A top score of 36 is hardly going to carry us to World Cup Glory.
True. England need Trescothick back and fit and mentally prepared.

How exciting Tait and Lee opening the bowling you guys better know how to duck

Griffo said:
How exciting Tait and Lee opening the bowling you guys better know how to duck
they know how to make plenty of ducks, good to see my boy tait in the side

m_vaughan said:
Vettori is better but Monty is going to improve and has amazing potential. The number of catches the Kiwiz dropped towards the end was appauling andcost them the bonus point which may hurt them later on.

And Mal Loye is turning into another Afridi kind hit out or get out player. Atleast Afridi can bowl.
bonus point? makes no difference england wont taste victory

lmfao im more clever than i thought the LT combo is gonna start up there was Lillie and Thommo now Lee and Taity

Last edited:
There's a reason why Monty didn't bowl as straight as Vettori you know;

Panesar - 5 ODIs
Vettori - 186 ODIs.

Experience helps you know.

MUFC1987 said:
Hmm, Vettori 2-40, Panesar 2-35 and people say how NZ have a better team, so I assume we're all agreed that Panesar was the better bowler today.
Stats can lie. And even if they dont, its only 5 runs. Don't be so pedantic.

cricketmad09 said:
Stats can lie. And even if they dont, its only 5 runs. Don't be so pedantic.
Considering NZ lost their game against Australia by 8 runs, small amounts make a big difference.

irottev said:
I don't think so. Lets hear the neutrals opinions. Vettori had an obvious edge turned down his last ball.

The commentators hinted at it. Panesar bowled far too wide and short. Vettori was pitching them much straighter and caused the batsmen much more trouble.

Considering England needed like 7 an over when Vettori started and they tried their hardest to score off him and couldn't. Panesar got gift wickets, two batsmen going for 6's. Vettori's first was brilliant and the second was from a poor shot, but hit middle stump.

I think it's quite obvious that Vettori has outbowled Panesar all series. Even Jeetan Patel has.

Now get over your Montymania.

The 2nd one was a gift, the first one he outthought the batsman.

england cant get the simple stuff right they missed a run out chance which a 15 year old could of hit

a 15 year old aussie anyway. I've changed my mind on Broad now anyway. if the selectors choose not to play him then thats their loss not mine and i will continue watching him down at grace road. screw the England team

Joe, he's 20. It's not like he will never play for England ever again. He would have made no difference to the overall outcome in this series, but with a year or two more of county cricket experience under his belt, he could well play a big part in Englands future.

We just need one of those big performances where everyone is pumped and miracles somehow happen. That may be our only chance of beating Australia. Well, that and Anderson and Lewis back with Vaughan returning as Captain above Flintoff.

Users who are viewing this thread