Commonwealth Bank Series

Yup, Styris gives an extra bowling option and I think they might drop Fulton instead of McMillan.

The New Zealand balance is starting to look good - Styris has a good one day record so he will be unlucky not get his spot back. It will most likely be at the expense of either McMillan or Fulton (I'm picking McMillan who was lucky to make the squad in the first place). Expect Mills to get some more game time too - he has been in good one day form recently.

New Zealand's side is really starting to finalize. And with Styris still to come, I'm sure that he would repace Fulton since McMillan seems to be been pretty handy with the ball.

McMillan has been awful with the bat apart from the match. It looks like all he can do is slog, his technique and temperament are poor. Styris over McMillan anyday.

Onto the Tait selection, he does seem to have improved and matured from the raw fast and wayward bowler he was in 2005, if the ashes warm-up games were anything to go by. He took 3-21 from 8 overs in the warm-up game for the PM's X1, getting rid of Tresco, Strauss and Flintoff. Also in the 3 day warm up game for South Australia, he got 3-87 at 3.38 per over and 2 over them wickets were Strauss and Bell.

tbh my grandma could have got Trescothck out before the ashes

although she has a fair bit of pace

m_vaughan said:
What Monty can do is vary both the pace and turn while Vettori relies more on consistency and accuracy.

Ummm what? Are you saying Monty varies his pace more then Vettori? Most of Panesars balls are 90+kms. He hardly tosses the ball up. He isn't really going for wickets.

And that bonus points means nothing unless England can get above our net run-rate. And just think, they;ve scored in the 100's a few times and we have scored 300's a few times. They're going to have a very long way to go. The only way England will make the final is if they beat Australia and beat us. I can't see them beating us let alone Australia. And even if they got in the final, they don't deserve it. The public will be livid.

And of course we want to add Styris to the side. Even though the batting is going well, a few arn't performing. Fulton has been getting good starts and not going on. His cameos have been handy though, he's at least spending some of the opening overs there and seeing away the new ball. McMillan's bowling has been very handy, which is an asset. You can't blame him for getting out yesterday, he had a free license and the only good he was going to do is to belt some sixes. Even so, I rekon he should have been looking for his slog sweep before the advance shot with the ball spinning away from the bat like it was.

I'm sure the seletors will make the right call.

irottev said:
They're going to have a very long way to go. The only way England will make the final is if they beat Australia and beat us. I can't see them beating us let alone Australia. And even if they got in the final, they don't deserve it. The public will be livid.
The highlighted bit means that if we do reach the final because of beating Australia then we will deserve to be there.

irottev said:
And even if they got in the final, they don't deserve it. The public will be livid.

Don't be stupid. If we got to the final (which we won't) we would obviously be there on merit so of course we'd bloody well deserve it!

Irrotev your irrational hatred of England seems to be resurfacing again, you haven't forgotten to take the pills your doctor gives you each month have you?

puddleduck said:
Irrotev your irrational hatred of England seems to be resurfacing again, you haven't forgotten to take the pills your doctor gives you each month have you?

There is no hatred towards the English team or England in general. My only hatred is towards a certain member who is posting in this thread. I am sorry to the rest of you, ignore it.

And I don't have any kind of problem. I don't take any pills. That was a low comment to make. I hope you didn't offend anyone.

And that Tait hit looks nasty! I had the pleasure of seeing him bowl in a Twenty/20 for South Australia live. He looked very fast, bowled a great yorker.

That does indeed look nasty! Makes me look a right pansy for not wanting to be hit by someone bowling at a mere 70mph :p

Fair enough if you say so, and I'll retract my comment if you were offended by it, no harm meant. It wasn't a serious comment, merely a joke from the same ilk as "people in white coats".

Adarsh said:
McMillan has been awful with the bat apart from the match. It looks like all he can do is slog, his technique and temperament are poor. Styris over McMillan anyday.
But did you see Fulton's dropped catch? He's a goner for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread