Commonwealth Bank Series

They rekoned it was hard tp judge them under the lights. Fulton has a very safe pair of hands usually.

I dunno which one i'd rather see replaced. But if Fulton was, Taylor would have to go to 3. I rekon it may be McMillan.

Yes, there have been numerous dropped catches by NZ in the last few games (glad they are getting them out of the way before the World Cup). Fulton is a lot younger than McMillan and he actually averages more than McMillian - McMillan has played around 200 matches and still averages under 30... I like him, but he under-performs more often than he performs these days. His bowling is handy, but Styris bowls just as well in ODIs, if not better.

I guess it is nice as an NZ fan to actually have to look at taking good players out, rather than having to find good players to actually make up a team!

With Styris added to a bowling attack that already included Bond, Franklin, Oram, Vettori, Patel/Mills/Gillespie I don't think they would need to pick McMillan to add to the bowling side of things, although it can be useful having someone who can fill in overs if a bowlers having a mare.

Griffo said:
I saw shaun tait bowl a 157kph bouncer on target hit the batsmens gloves popped up and caught by the keeper he seems faster fitter and more accurate than england also never doubt the damage he can do :P

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/content/image/216707.html

Think you got your speeds wrong ;) I've never seen a bouncer that quick, usually they are in the high 140s if you're lucky.

puddleduck said:
With Styris added to a bowling attack that already included Bond, Franklin, Oram, Vettori, Patel/Mills/Gillespie I don't think they would need to pick McMillan to add to the bowling side of things, although it can be useful having someone who can fill in overs if a bowlers having a mare.
One of the best qualities of NZ (and SA) is the number of allrounders they have. We saw how much difference Oram made to the side and now Styris will only make them better.

But still not good enough to beat the Aussies.

Thats what amazes me, we are struggling to find all rounders while these Kiwis just keep producing them time and time again. Lose a Cairns gain an Oram not bad at all.

aussie1st said:
Thats what amazes me, we are struggling to find all rounders while these Kiwis just keep producing them time and time again. Lose a Cairns gain an Oram not bad at all.

lol yeh...but we've got loads more talent coming through in all other areas so i guess it evens out.

What are people's thoughts on White?...sure he's a handy hitter in the latter overs but thats all he's bringing to the team. Can't see him saving an innings like Hussey and maybe Lee and his bowling is ... Personally i'd rather Hoggy at 7, hes the best OD spinner in Aus and his batting is seriously underrated.

aussie1st said:
I cant believe you are actually complaining. Besides Australia do have Watson, Clarke and Symonds as decent allrounders.

m_vaughan said:
I cant believe you are actually complaining. Besides Australia do have Watson, Clarke and Symonds as decent allrounders.

Nah not complaining just pointing out the fact that the Country next to us with 1/5th our population has more all rounders than us. Our formula is based on 6 batsmen, 1 keeper and 4 bowlers.

genghis_khan said:
lol yeh...but we've got loads more talent coming through in all other areas so i guess it evens out.

What are people's thoughts on White?...sure he's a handy hitter in the latter overs but thats all he's bringing to the team. Can't see him saving an innings like Hussey and maybe Lee and his bowling is ... Personally i'd rather Hoggy at 7, hes the best OD spinner in Aus and his batting is seriously underrated.

His latter over hitting can be the difference between a win and a loss. Hes saved the A side a number of times so he has the ability to rescue a team if needed, yes hes choked with our last 2 chases but hes new to the game with more experience he should be more than capable.
But if we are replacing White I would take Hogg's lower order batting than Watson but those small grounds in the Caribbean is a worry for the spinner.

aussie1st said:
Think you got your speeds wrong ;) I've never seen a bouncer that quick, usually they are in the high 140s if you're lucky.
the ball is clocked when it leaves the hand not when it hits the pitch also the speedo cant be wrong when he was consistantly bowling over 150 kphs each ball yorkers, length and bouncers it was in a recent domestic game so i have bad news for tim roberts HES QUICKER!!!

Well usually when a bouncer is bowled it is slower than a fuller ball, Lee bouncers are always slower than his fuller balls.

I honestly havent been this excited about a one dayer in a long time i cant wait to watch lee and tait as a fast bowler im going to enjoy it well if you call 130kph fast

I was quite excited with our first game when Hilfy was playing after his good start in the 20/20. Shame he hasn't been used again but like you can't wait to see how Tait goes. I've been wanting Tait in this ODI for a while now but injuries have stuffed him up.

Users who are viewing this thread