Commonwealth Bank Series

aussie1st said:
His form is no where near that of last years but since his return from injury hes been much better. The Tait you saw in England will be the one you see here, he has the potential to rip through a lineup or go for lots of runs. His best OD figures is a 8 for.
his form is as good as last year, 5 fer agaisnt WA and a 4fer i believe and a 5fer agaisnt vic(i think) before that, he is in awesome form and bowling faster than ever i've heard!

aussie1st said:
I was quite excited with our first game when Hilfy was playing after his good start in the 20/20. Shame he hasn't been used again but like you can't wait to see how Tait goes. I've been wanting Tait in this ODI for a while now but injuries have stuffed him up.

hilfy is a quicker version of matthew hoggard with a bit more swing hilfy can get it up to round abouts 140 the whole of engliand has montymania we have hilfymania nobody has anything bad to say about him most popular brick layer in australia

m_vaughan said:
But still not good enough to beat the Aussies.

Not consistantly, but we shall see how we fare. We are improving.

So long as we beat them when we come against them in the World Cup Finals and knock them out it's all good.

I wouldn't get ya hopes up because we'll be coming full force at you if we encounter you in the WC just like you always seem to do to us. We'll see how you fair when you're in the other shoe.

irottev said:
Not consistantly, but we shall see how we fare. We are improving.

So long as we beat them when we come against them in the World Cup Finals and knock them out it's all good.
Yeah, it's not a matter of being able to create a tight tri-series. It's about being able to beat Australia once when it counts. I think most of the teams have that firepower, so it will be interesting to see who gets that extra splash of luck and who has the mental resolve for a headlong charge.

angryangy said:
Yeah, it's not a matter of being able to create a tight tri-series. It's about being able to beat Australia once when it counts. I think most of the teams have that firepower, so it will be interesting to see who gets that extra splash of luck and who has the mental resolve for a headlong charge.
Australia will still remain "the best". Thats what matters in the end.

There is no doubt Australia is favoured to win the WC, but this means there is no pressure on other teams as they are not expected to win - as far as most Australians are concerned, the other teams are not fighting for the WC, they are fighting for 2nd place behind Australia. But for Australia, on the other hand, anything other than winning the WC would be considered a let-down to their entire country. There are at least 4 or 5 teams capable of beating Australia on a good day.

What I love about the World Cup is that being the best team means absolutely nothing when it comes to semi-final time - when it's knockout time, everything changes and an upset is only 100 overs away. I think Sri Lanka are beginning to peak.... better watch out.

langerrox said:
his form is as good as last year, 5 fer agaisnt WA and a 4fer i believe and a 5fer agaisnt vic(i think) before that, he is in awesome form and bowling faster than ever i've heard!

His FRC form hasn't been any good until he returned from injury. Take out that game and he has 4 wickets in 4 games not very Tait like. Pura cup form better than last year but not as good as 2004/05, that was the season I was thinking of, still good none the less.

irottev said:
Ummm what? Are you saying Monty varies his pace more

Nothing to do with Monty tbh.

Every single England spinner in ODIs in Fletchers reign have always bowled far quicker than they should be. Never, ever has an England spinner in ODis in the last 7 odd years been able to toss the ball up.

Is Tait really playing on Friday or is this what you all want? Can someone give me a link to the lineup information? Thanks.

BTW, how fast does Tait bowl these days? Over 150k?

symonds_sixes said:
Is Tait really playing on Friday or is this what you all want? Can someone give me a link to the lineup information? Thanks.

generally takes a few warm ups and yeh over 150 but im not sure whether he will behave in his ODI debut or nerves might get him but he has been the quicker than lee in domestic games

150, I wouldn't think so. There will probably be a consistent range of balls in that 140km/h area. Although Tait into the scene sets the mark for an even tougher run into the World Cup for the bowlers.

whatever ive said over 150 and nobody is believeing me he might drop to the 140s when hes looking to swing the ball or gain more control in the closing stages

I'd be confident against Tait and Lee if we had Trescothick in the team. It's certainly an opening partnership that Jayasuriya would fancy his chances with.

symonds_sixes said:

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/278066.html
He's been called up to the squad and while that's no confirmation that he will make the XI, he obviously hasn't been called up as cover in a squad that already contained 6 bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread