Commonwealth Bank Series

they are most likely to give him a game mainly because he hasnt really had any chances to prove himself and australia are testing a some of their options (White, Hilfenhaus, Hodge) and tait could be handy in the windies conditions

Last edited:
Not really testing when it's only one game though :) Still don't get how the selectors see enough in that one game to pick a WC squad. Hodge obviously no hope, Hilfy had a good first game but haven't seen him since.

Who actually is Australias backup batsman if Ponting, Clarke or Hussey get injured? Watson can't be relied upon that much surely?

the aussies have gone all quiet. they must be weak there(or their all in bed) but we still wouldn't be good enough to injure one of their players anyway

Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Symonds and Gilchrist all seem like the type who will rarely get injured. I'm sure the Australian's never even thought about one of them getting injured.

Rashid Latif has said Paul Nixon is the best wicketkeeper in the world. Whos gonna disagree? :p

Last edited:
Drewska said:
Rashid Latif has said Paul Nixon is the best wicketkeeper in the world. Whos gonna disagree?

Not disagree, but lets see him play a few test matches first before we get carried away making those comments. He's played, what? 5 ODI's and he is the best in the world? Absolutly absurd.

I agree he's a good keeper and been very good so far but to say he's the best is going a bit. he's just experienced and showing the benefits of it.

irottev said:
Not disagree, but lets see him play a few test matches first before we get carried away making those comments. He's played, what? 5 ODI's and he is the best in the world? Absolutly absurd.

Well I guess thats Rashid Latif for you :p.

is he a commentator or something now or does he just like to voice his opinion

Except Read alone, this is without looking further afield, looked better behind the stumps that Nixon... if we're talking about ability to make lots of pointless noise and play countless reverse and normal sweeps, then Nixons the man!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread