Commonwealth Bank Series

stereotype said:
we have a couple of players capable....Brad Hodge, Mark Cosgrove, Adam Voges, Phil Jaques....

Klinger should be in contention if injuries do hit players. Apparently the selectors "havent forgotten about him".

John Adams said:
But that series is on often yes? Not just during a WC year. Unless I'm wrong.

It's every year I think, they are trying to copy Rugby's Bledisloe cup. Thought it would be our year to host it given NZ hosted it last year so as GK said it could have been integrated into the CBS.

aussie1st said:
It's every year I think, they are trying to copy Rugby's Bledisloe cup. Thought it would be our year to host it given NZ hosted it last year so as GK said it could have been integrated into the CBS.
no, after this we go to NZ for the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy, and then the ICC WC...but after that All there is for Australia is a 20/20 World Cup in August I think until next summer...they have a long break

stereotype said:
no, after this we go to NZ for the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy, and then the ICC WC...but after that All there is for Australia is a 20/20 World Cup in August I think until next summer...they have a long break

You sure you got the right quote your post seems more directed at cricketmad09.

aussie1st said:
You sure you got the right quote your post seems more directed at cricketmad09.
Originally Posted by aussie1st
It's every year I think, they are trying to copy Rugby's Bledisloe cup. Thought it would be our year to host it given NZ hosted it last year so as GK said it could have been integrated into the CBS

replying to this sentence :D

Yes I know we're going to NZ as we did the last time we did this series. As I said I thought it would have been alternated i.e we host it this time round.

Here is our team for tomorrow's game.

Australia: Ricky Ponting (capt), Adam Gilchrist, Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Mike Hussey, Cameron White, Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark, Shaun Tait, Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee (12th man).
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Ta...against-England/2007/02/01/1169919456225.html

Still not convinced Clark is our guy for the ODI arena, hopefully the selectors haven't picked him in the squad already. Hilfy deserves another crack to see if he can over take Clark.

Good question, we are already in the finals and surely we can't let Hilfy have one game and leave him out for the rest of the summer.

Clark shouldn't be in there but he'll get added in the WC squad over Hilfenhaus and Tait.
I can just see headlines after the WC. "Ashes Hero chokes in WC final"

Jimmys gone home, Vaughans out. We'll miss Jimmy though tbf he'd have made little difference.

Selectors obviously trying to mix up the bowling combination abit. Will be very handy with some back up bowlers with a few games. Batting line-up seems all but done for the WC from what the selectors have done.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo This Ruined My Day!!!

Users who are viewing this thread