Commonwealth Bank Series

Leicester Fox said:
in that interview sky did with him he did come across as a bit lazy tbh. but he was looking really good by the end of the series
I don't think you can draw much from that. They interviewed him at the end of a long and dissapointing series after playing cricket for 12 months full on. He knew he was going home and who can blame him for wanting a break from it all for a few weeks first?

still "ask the coach" is hardly the way to be prepared for the coming season but i like Harmy and would love to see him back like he was against the Windies

Leicester Fox said:
still "ask the coach" is hardly the way to be prepared for the coming season but i like Harmy and would love to see him back like he was against the Windies
He said he was going to ask the coach. Which is pretty standard if you ask me. That's what the coaching team is there for, to advise. Would you preferred it if Harmison had come out and said 'I'm going to run 10 miles a day whether it's good for me or not."

would Warne have said ask the coach? would any of the Australian players?

Leicester Fox said:
would Warne have said ask the coach? would any of the Australian players?
Harmison meant that he (Harmison) would be checking with the coach, which is the right thing to do. Would an Australian have been asked those questions? No. Harmison is a scapegoat ever since the Ashes when things started to go wrong in 2005. It's not his fault that our ODI is at it's lowest ebb. If anything the Selectors are to blame for not showing faith in him.

Either way you look at it, Harmison is our best bowler and the one that has been World Class in recent times. How any selectors can say that we're better off without him is beyond me.

i wouldn't say he's our best bowler. he's our most talented but just isn't consistent enough

i hate to tell you but i dont see harmy coming back i like the guy but his heart isnt in it anymore and its effecting his play if you dont want to represent your country at any level then something is wrong

MUFC1987 said:
I don't blame Harmison. Too much pressure was put on him and as soon as England fail he's the first guy that is blamed. They were going to drop him from this series just to prove a point and look where it's gotten us. He'd be in this team easily if our selectors had any sense as he's certainly a lot better than Tremlett at this period in time, yet they decide to drop him so Harmison said screw them, and retired. I don't blame him for that.

I don't blame him either, the ECB and the management staff can't do man management. But when he was asked what he was going to be doing when he got back he said "I don't know".

That to me says he's not even bothered about playing cricket.

i think theres a chance it would be different if he was playing for Newcastle United

The Australian selectors confuse me. With the bowling attack they're giving a lot of people a go and rotating them as well. Yet with the batting it's either rest Ponting or keep them how they are. I would have expected more batsmen to be tried out. I'm also surprised that Gilchrist hasn't been rested yet.

They definitely should have rested Gilly by now, Hussey should have been given a go with the gloves as clearly hes the backup option. Who knows why they haven't tried more batters cause right now we only have 2 batters to pick for one backup batsmen spot.

Yer I think Haddin should get a go he was quality in the DLF Cup. Finally brokethrough in international cricket with 70, 30-odd* and 17*. Suited him down the order.

Overconfidence in the batting area by the selectors. Gilchrist should get some rest before they go the WC but still needs a high score this series.

Users who are viewing this thread