Commonwealth Bank Series

Sureshot said:
You don't have to worry (like you will) about Nixons keeping abilities. I agree I think he batted well (though not hitting down the ground enough imo) today as did JD at times. We seriously have to stop playing the sweep so much and it's obvious who is implementing that.

Doesn't matter me how Nixon goes with the gloves :) If he drops a few, sweet if not, oh well.
Yea far too much sweeping/reverse sweeping, keep going on like that and Symonds will be the leading wicket taker in the CBS :p

To me, Nixon looked far too edgy but is a good player with his experience.

Looking forward to seeing more batting from Vaughan, love his strokemaking.

Symonds got fluke wickets :p He just bowled in line and eventually got them playing too aggressive.

What I can't wait for his seeing how White goes down the order. His hitting power in that 20/20 was amazing, with him down at 7 we don't have to worry about losing Symonds/Hussey as usually when they go the last 10 overs become boring.

Also wouldn't mind seeing more of Hilfy this season, loved his bowling in the 20/20.

White's bowling makes me "edgy" as well. His bowling is all over the place. Hope that he's used mainly as a batter tho' :)

Ponting doesn't have too much faith in him so we shouldn't be seeing too many overs from White. Our problem with losing Watson is that Symonds/part timer will have to bowl one lot of 10 overs.

Could always use Clarke and White to burn out a few of those overs and theres always a chance that one of the bowlers will be expensive so White may even be forced to bowl.

Yea that will be the case unless our pacemen have destroyed the opposition.
We were bowling Symonds as the 6th bowler when Watson was around so it should be more of the same for this series.

IloveGilly said:
White's bowling makes me "edgy" as well. His bowling is all over the place. Hope that he's used mainly as a batter tho' :)
variation is key. most of his deliveries were on the stumps and a couple of them were pretty sharp, too. Seems like England need to work on picking wrong'uns.

IloveGilly said:
Symonds got fluke wickets :p He just bowled in line and eventually got them playing too aggressive.
Well in any form of cricket that isn't a fluke, you bowl straight you are gonna cause troubles.

Why is Vaughan the most over-rated captain on this forum?

aussie1st said:
Doesn't matter me how Nixon goes with the gloves :) If he drops a few, sweet if not, oh well.
Yea far too much sweeping/reverse sweeping, keep going on like that and Symonds will be the leading wicket taker in the CBS :p
Reserve sweep is the most overrated shot in cricketing history.

cricketmad09 said:
Reserve sweep is the most overrated shot in cricketing history.

Agreed. So is the regular sweep, it's just asking to be dismissed.

Nixon looks better than Read or Jones with the bat imo, keeping was solid, but he talks way too much...i mean its all fine to have a bit of a chat but that guy just wouldnt shut up.

I wouldnt mind seeing more of Hilfy this season aswell Sly but i cant see it happening....we have Lee, McGrath, Johnson, Bracken and Clark in the CBS squad already, plus Watson will probably return later in the series. And Hilfy was left out of the preliminary WC squad which is ridiculous.

Feelin Blue? said:
Well in any form of cricket that isn't a fluke, you bowl straight you are gonna cause troubles.

Bowling straight will not always cause trouble, only in Twenty20. The aggression they play will surely result in a higher chance of being bowled.

Bowling straight in test is more about swing. Symonds bowling straight in test will rarely ever get a wicket.

genghis_khan said:
I wouldnt mind seeing more of Hilfy this season aswell Sly but i cant see it happening....we have Lee, McGrath, Johnson, Bracken and Clark in the CBS squad already, plus Watson will probably return later in the series. And Hilfy was left out of the preliminary WC squad which is ridiculous.

Ridiculous? You do know that you actually need to play International Cricket to actually be considered in the squad? Making a debut in a World Cup isn't normal.

genghis_khan said:
Agreed. So is the regular sweep, it's just asking to be dismissed.

Nixon looks better than Read or Jones with the bat imo, keeping was solid, but he talks way too much...i mean its all fine to have a bit of a chat but that guy just wouldnt shut up.

Hes in the prelim squad and he was in the original 20/20 squad so I assume the selectors will have a look at him this series (well hopefully they do)

Users who are viewing this thread