Commonwealth Bank Series

They did win the 3rd match of the CH series last year but also I recall they lost the second game by only 1 or 2 runs and they were chasing 300 odd. Also the CH series in Australia in 04 NZ won the first game at the Telstra Dome and got relatively close in the 2nd game at the SCG. I don't like how the media have consistenly said NZ have only won 4 out of their 20 games against Australia as it doesn't really reflect their true performances in recent years.

gambino said:
all im gonna watch is how badly england lose

hopefully some matches will be close but other than that......

Why do you have England as your national team when you're quite clearly a Pakistan fan?

IloveGilly said:
No one should be writing off anyone at this stage. England could have a major comeback in form and NZ are always lethal when in form in ODI.
Couldn't agree more. All it would take is for a couple of Englands batsmen to have a good day coupled with some reasonable bowling and anything could happen.

kodos said:
They did win the 3rd match of the CH series last year but also I recall they lost the second game by only 1 or 2 runs and they were chasing 300 odd. Also the CH series in Australia in 04 NZ won the first game at the Telstra Dome and got relatively close in the 2nd game at the SCG. I don't like how the media have consistenly said NZ have only won 4 out of their 20 games against Australia as it doesn't really reflect their true performances in recent years.
Yeah, statistics are an unpleasant fact of life hey? You've got to expect the media to latch on to every little facet of the record book 'cos in a one-dayer there is very little to separate two good teams. Fact is that any one of these teams could beat another.

England need Flintoff to bowl.
With Harmison retiring from ODI's England don't have many match winning fast bowlers.
Panesar will need to play and perform.

gambino said:
i live in england
so have chosen england in my profile

So are you an England fan? Or are you Pakistan fan living in England? If the first one then fine, if the second then surely location is where you live, and national team is who you support?

Doesn't really matter, although it seems strange that someone who at every moment tries to talk up a Pakistan player and more often than not put down England would have England as their national side.

Err to keep my post on topic and avoid the ever watching gaze of the forum police :p

Yes Jimmy is a good Odi bowler, although he will need a good series here otherwise with the world cup approaching our bowling attack will basically be Lewis and Freddie... and then 3 out of about 8 players who have either no international experience, pedigree, or both :p

He's an England fan when they play against India...but who isn't really?

puddleduck said:
So are you an England fan? Or are you Pakistan fan living in England? If the first one then fine, if the second then surely location is where you live, and national team is who you support?

Doesn't really matter, although it seems strange that someone who at every moment tries to talk up a Pakistan player and more often than not put down England would have England as their national side.

Err to keep my post on topic and avoid the ever watching gaze of the forum police :p

Yes Jimmy is a good Odi bowler, although he will need a good series here otherwise with the world cup approaching our bowling attack will basically be Lewis and Freddie... and then 3 out of about 8 players who have either no international experience, pedigree, or both :p
think you misunderstood my other post

what i meant was that i expect england to lose anyway,

just waiting to see how much they can push the aussies and nz in the matches

and i support england more than i support pakistan actually,

just gets annoying when they give such a performance and i cant find an excuse

Sureshot said:
Maybe but Anderson is back and he can be a ODI match winning bowler.

Anderson is definitely a good ODI bowler, he bowled a good spell against us in the Champions trophy.

gambino said:
Think you misunderstood my other post, what i meant was that I expect England to lose anyway.

Just waiting to see how much they can push the Aussies and nz in the matches
and I support England more than I support Pakistan actually.

Just gets annoying when they give such a performance and i cant find an excuse.

There, that didn't take long. Posting in sentences like that looks vile.

Nixon is expected to play in the 20/20 tomorrow morning (for us norms anyway), should be interesting to see how he goes, if of course he does play.

so if vaughan comes back and fails, who are you going to blame?

funny how the same guy that won you in the ashes in 05 lost them for you in 06/07 :D

i dont see why everyone has loaded all the pressure on vaughn, he was a useless ODI player before now, the only difference being that hes been out of the game for months

Users who are viewing this thread