Commonwealth Bank Series

evertonfan said:
People are really underestimating the Sri Lankan attack in this thread. I've seen quotes such as "If you can't deal with Vaas how will you deal with Lee?" and it's getting on my nerves. Vaas has always been world class and will cause any batsman problems.

What about Lee? He is such a good bowler in ODI and strikes at under 29 while averaging just 22. Considering how Lee can get expensive at times, that's an incredible record for him.

I wasn't slating Lee, I was just using a post which contained him as an example to my 'underestimating the Sri Lankans' point.

Well Vaas has always been an unsung hero. Brilliant bowler who never gets the praise he deserves. But he is different from Lee who is an out and out strike bowler.

Drewska said:
Australia got bowled out for 79 against England in 2005.. hardly proved the batting was bad.

Other totaly ridiculous things can happen in cricket, like Symonds scoring a test hundred ;).
That was a 20/20 after we hadnt played any cricket in months.

Why does everyone bag Symonds, he is a very talented player. He just needed to get his head right and then he would come good.

Its not like he is How, Marshall, Fulton, type.

IloveGilly said:
What about Lee? He is such a good bowler in ODI and strikes at under 29 while averaging just 22. Considering how Lee can get expensive at times, that's an incredible record for him.
Yeah, wicketwise. Economy wise, he's nothing special.

langerrox said:
i'd say thats very very optimistic sureshot.

By outside I mean balancing on the stumps with one leg (Freddies leg after the Ashes win).....

We do play better against Aus in ODIs though, I don't think we'll win but who knows, maybe we'll do something after the Ashes humping after all, we do enjoy being underdogs.

4.5 is about the norm economy these days so nothing wrong with that if hes taking 3-4 wickets a game.

aussie1st said:
4.5 is about the norm economy these days so nothing wrong with that if hes taking 3-4 wickets a game.

Certainly, if he strikes that well then 4.7 runs an over isn't that much of a price to pay especially when you have an economy man at the over end.

aussie1st said:
and he has proved that because he had such a good VB Series last year

woodywiss sa sa said:
It's pretty much just Between the Aussies and New Zealand, it depends on how badly Australia play or how well New Zealand play on the outcome. New Zealand have really come on and I don't think people should underestimate them
Whose under estimating New Zealand?

No one should be writing off anyone at this stage. England could have a major comeback in form and NZ are always lethal when in form in ODI.

Feelin Blue? said:
Agreed, New Zealand are one of the best ODI teams in the world i reckon, very lethal
I'd say the Australian, Indian, Pakistani, South African & Sri Lankan ODI International teams at fullstrength are better then a fullstrength New Zealand side.

i dont know, nz are a very good one day team, but not in the league of Aus yet, they only won a dead rubber last time we played them.

Users who are viewing this thread