Commonwealth Bank Series

This should be a great series. England will need to do some serious work, looks like an AUS-NZ final already but you never know. Australia vs New Zealand ODI clashes usually contain a very high standard of cricket. Playing the Aussies usually brings out the best in our top players. Fingers crossed we have a fully fit side.

I look forward to our batting attack getting the opportunity to take the English bowlers to the cleaners. :)

Watching Australia play NZ is great to watch because of the rivarly and the Kiwis are pretty good at ODI cricket. I can't say the same about the English :D. This should be a great series because Australia are huge rivals in England and New Zealand.

P.S: Is anyone going to the Australia vs England Twenty20 before the ODI Series in Sydney? I am.

These are the two teams that always manage to lift against us no doubt. England were competitive in our Champions Trophy game and it took some Martyn brilliance to get us out of trouble. So I suspect they will lift again just like the Kiwis always do.

Left_Hander said:
Watching Australia play NZ is great to watch because of the rivarly and the Kiwis are pretty good at ODI cricket. I can't say the same about the English :D. This should be a great series because Australia are huge rivals in England and New Zealand.

P.S: Is anyone going to the Australia vs England Twenty20 before the ODI Series in Sydney? I am.

I tried to purchase some but they are sold out, so is the ODI against England. I have though puchased tickets for the ODI game against NZ with some of my mates so it should be good (at least I hope so).

aussie1st said:
These are the two teams that always manage to lift against us no doubt. England were competitive in our Champions Trophy game and it took some Martyn brilliance to get us out of trouble. So I suspect they will lift again just like the Kiwis always do.

I agree, for some reason I have a funny feeling England may be the darkhorses in this comp. They've got the players there such as Kp, Flintoff, Strauss, Harmison, Collingwood and now James Anderson who to me is primarily a ODI bowler. They've also got the new comer Dalrymple who has done well.

I agree with you Kodos. With Australia being favourites (You would assume) and New Zealand expected to make the finals there is really no presure on the Poms.

Like in last years VB Series everyone was saying Australia vs South Africa final but it turned out to be an Australia vs Sri Lankan final because no one expected Sri Lanka to make it becuase everyone thought Australia and South Africa would make the final. This could work as a big advantage for England here.

Purchased my platinum tickets for the Aus vs Eng match at the gabba a few weeks ago, a bit pricey at $80each but well worth it. Go the Aussies.

They charge a lot for ODI;s these days, that game might not be the longest if England dont pick up form, wouldn't be suprised if they dont bat their 50, but maybe im not giving them enough respect, you never know what can happen in this funny game.

I hope for the Aussie fans sake that by the time they get to the Odis Australia have at least figured out a way to get KP out :p Not that it'll matter of course as even if he hit a double hundred the Aussie batting lineup looks capable of chasing it down... or is it that the English bowling lineup looks incapable of defending it? Not sure, probably a bit of both.

Feelin Blue? said:
They charge a lot for ODI;s these days, that game might not be the longest if England dont pick up form, wouldn't be suprised if they dont bat their 50, but maybe im not giving them enough respect, you never know what can happen in this funny game.

haha yeah i was thinking the same, hopefully Australia will bat first so we get some entertainment, and hopefully the rain stays away! its ruined my last 2 one day visits.

Why all this talk of Australia? There is no team called that in this series. It's the Common Wealth Bank, One Day International Team.

MUFC1987 said:
Why all this talk of Australia? There is no team called that in this series. It's the Common Wealth Bank, One Day International Team.
Commonwealth Bank one-day international team, and it only makes sense for our team to have the same name as the tournament which we win at a canter

irottev said:
What does that mean though?
That they sold out basically.

Incidentally, Australia always fail to reach the final in the first year that the sponsorship changes hands. Hence why they won't reach the final.

Although I guess renaming the team could have an effect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread