Commonwealth Bank Series

Tremlett has to be in with a shout surely? He's a very good prospect and on Aus pitches he might be well suited. Has Blackwell played any cricket since his injury? (That probably wouldn't matter anyway :D)

That squad is odd, why choose Nixon, he's done allright but surely we might aswell have a back up who is going to be playing cricket in a few years? Like say, oh I don't know Prior? :D

Surprised about Harmy, I thought he might try and go to the WIndies in March as he has good memories there.

From that squad I'd pick to play on the 12th:

1. Strauss
2. Vaughan (He is best against the new ball I feel)
3. Bell
4. KP
5. Collingwood
6. Flintoff
7. Read
8. Lewis
9. Tremlett
10. Panesar
11. Anderson

Though that looks quite light in batting so I could see JD play ahead of Monty.

That side looks pretty much perfect to me. It is well balanced but the tail does look lengthy. I think on Australian pitches, they generally are a paradise for batsmans so I would remove one of the bowlers, probably Tremlett and replace him with Dalrymple. Then you would have 3 bowlers and 3 all rounders (4 if you count KP or Bell).

Delighted to see Tremlett back in there; I feel he's been unfairly discarded since his debut series last summer.

Yeah, I do actually like the pace bowling attack although it's woefully inexperienced. Tremlett does look a good bowler, came back well this year I think after his injury. Does everyone remember his Hat-trick delivery to Ashraful I think that bounced on top of the bails?

Sureshot said:
Tremlett has to be in with a shout surely? He's a very good prospect and on Aus pitches he might be well suited. Has Blackwell played any cricket since his injury? (That probably wouldn't matter anyway :D)
He played the last couple of games and took wickets in the FC game and went for something crazy like 28 off of 8 overs against Surrey in the Pro League.

His bowling has been superb in the One Day game though and I'd have expected him to be in the squad. Just a shame he's seen as a slogger really, which seems to have hindered his chances.

Oh, by the way, but money on Somerset in the 20/20 next year. White and Blackwell will be in the same team. :D

Why would you choose a 36 year old as a back-up wicketkeeper anyway? Even if his a back-up usually at that age is the age were you probably can't see the ball as well as you once could, so to speak.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Why would you choose a 36 year old as a back-up wicketkeeper anyway? Even if his a back-up usually at that age is the age were you probably can't see the ball as well as you once could, so to speak.
He's been in top form in the One Day version of the game for the past few seasons and is a superb wicketkeeper, especially standing upto the stumps for medium pacers. The only negative is that it's not for the future in my opinion.

The nearest future is the world cup 2007, so he is the future. After that the next future is the Ashes 2009 and that is ages away.

wfdu_ben91 said:
couldn't agree more, what use would he be

Ahhh...another tri-series another Australian Trophy....

Users who are viewing this thread