Commonwealth Bank Series

I am surprised there's no Broad in the squad, especially considering he can hold a bat the right way around too. I wonder if my thread about him not being happy with the bowling coach has any relevance now?

puddleduck said:
I am surprised there's no Broad in the squad, especially considering he can hold a bat the right way around too. I wonder if my thread about him not being happy with the bowling coach has any relevance now?
He's not that great with the bat though. I mean when he played for the MCC I think at the start of the year (Perhaps England A at some point?) he was at number 11, even though he got a few. He's got potential with it though. If I was Stuart Broad I'd tell my Dad to keep out though.

MUFC1987 said:
He's not that great with the bat though. I mean when he played for the MCC I think at the start of the year (Perhaps England A at some point?) he was at number 11, even though he got a few. He's got potential with it though. If I was Stuart Broad I'd tell my Dad to keep out though.

Yep obviously not yet, but he spent his entire childhood as an opening batsman, already has a 50 to his name, I think it's fair to say he has as much, if not more, talent than Mahmood and possibly Plunkett. With some work, he could well end up batting at 8.

And yes, his dad needs to pipe down :p

andrew_nixon said:
Look, it was funny the first couple of times, now it just makes you look like a bit of an idiot.

Pardon me, but when have I mentioned it before?

I think that's the game Kev went to at canterbury if my memory serves me right. If so his description was that the game was quite a farce.

manee said:
The nearest future is the world cup 2007, so he is the future. After that the next future is the Ashes 2009 and that is ages away.

Spot on there, this would be the only time you would think about bringing in someone that old. Although usually helps when they have International experience.

Well a few things suggest McGrath IS playing til the World Cup. So thats good the the Aussies.

Monty in ODI's. Hmmmm. I bet Symonds is chomping at the bit to have another crack.

If he actually plays I'm sure he'll get a hammering or two, I mean it's not often someone plays ODI cricket having only played 11 or so List A games in their life!

Still if he does play it will be a good learning experience for him, useful to get to bowl at some top class batsman when they're trying to take him on. Can't do any worse than our seamers over the last few series :p

Interesting to see which Aussie players will be given opportunities in this Tournament. Voges has got to be a strong chance to get a game, as does Cameron White, Hilfenhaus and Hopes.

With Watson out of the side (hopefully), it means we'll have to look for a real opener which is a good thing. Phil Jaques would be a walk up start if he was in better form, but it has really slipped a bit over the last month, and I don't think Katich will be considered to come back and fill the spot. Personally, I'd like to see Hayden get given a proper opportunity to reestablish himself in the side before the World Cup. Tim Paine is also a great opening prospect but might be considered to inexperienced to get a game in this series.

Katich wont be back. Scored 59 off 110 in the ING Cup match the other day. I want Klinger. Averaging 237 in his past 3 OD matches.

Voges looks like he'll be given a go since hes already in the Test side. Hopes could well find himself opening which means we don't have to change the team dynamic too much. I wonder which other bowlers we will try, I would like to see Tait but he keeps getting injured at the wrong time.

Bit biased but I'm hoping Hayden gets a shot at staking his claim for the World Cup. His the relieable the option with a good ODI record and has been looking dangerous in the Ashes thus far and has been Australia's 2nd best batsman over the last several years.

Users who are viewing this thread