Commonwealth Bank Series

Simply brilliant bowling from Bracken to put us in the box seat. We need KP soon though as hes looking good.

Good comeback by MVaughan! :) 26(32) is a good sign of promising cricket ahead ;)KP is till there which is not a good sign for Aussies!

Silly shot by Bell went a bit too aggressive, he has ages to build up the run rate. Johnson is bowling well so far and his pace his much quicker than in the Champions trophy.

aussie1st said:
Johnson is bowling well so far and his pace his much quicker than in the Champions trophy.

I guess it shd be definitely quicker when compared to Indian conditons ;)

KP is looking so good atm! :happy

Yea Indian conditions are usually very slow but so many people have written off his pace thinking he was only high 130s.

Agreed on KP those two straight drives were glorious.
Collinwood looks like hes in for a long stay again.

Due to the conditions as in the humidity? I thought they recorded the speed just as they let go of it.

Why they bring Clarke on? Why not Symonds?

Yea I think it's from the hand but you always see faster speeds in SA then India or Australia. SA having the fastest ball recorded in cricket, our quickest is around 157km/h.

I guess Ponting wants to see what Clarke can do with the ball, would have thought White being our "all rounder" would have been given first dig though.

England putting no pressure on Australia.
When the bad ball comes it goes straight to the fielder.
Good captincy from Ponting, trying Clarke for a bit to get through some overs and quicken the game on the English batsmen.

This is where they should be taking us on with these part timers on, problem is Clarke has already bowled 6 overs.
KP starting to pick up though, White just smashed over the rope.

If England can close to 200 by 40 overs, then Aussies are going to be in big trouble.. what a steady innings by Colly while KP going great in another end! Run rate is bit slow but with KP at the crease, England are in safe side!

McGrath strikes with his slow baller, only Collingwood though which is probably what we didn't need as now it's Flintoff and KP.

Yea I think it's from the hand but you always see faster speeds in SA then India or Australia. SA having the fastest ball recorded in cricket, our quickest is around 157km/h.
Yeah I remember Lee bowling a 162km/h ball to Marvan Atapattu and clean bowled him in the WC 2003.

Pietersen's probably the best batsman in the world. If he really does have a friend whose a better cricketer then him but can't get into the South African side because of the reasons Pietersen's explained then that's just a shame.

Collingwood out, I dunno why but I just feel if England get to 230-240 then we've got a good game on our hands.

Users who are viewing this thread