Commonwealth Bank Series

I wouldn't mind seeing what all the hype is about surrounding him. Would be a tough ask on him to play on Friday though given hes only arriving in Australia on Thursday.

kodos said:
Anyone else feel this may be a fairy-tale finish for England??

Oh I hope not. I'm currently watching the Ashes Glory dvd and it's great fun in reliving the 5 - 0 slaughter! :happy :laugh

kodos said:
Stuard Broad replaces Lewis for the final series. Hope he gets a game and show his worth with the ball.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6337425.stm

So I saw his father play, now I shall see him play, I hope, Cool! :cool:

angryangy said:
Not even that so much. For all his brilliant captaincy, Fleming failed to accelerate as the RRR piled up. It was like he expected the rest of the batsmen to score six or seven runs an over while he trundled along hogging the strike.

Flemings SR looks bad, but consider that he had Fulton, Taylor, Styris, Oram all fall while he was there. Especially the last 2. it was bang bang. It's a hard situation. he isn't usually there that late. We can forgive him. The main thing is he is in better form.

kodos said:
Stuard Broad replaces Lewis for the final series. Hope he gets a game and show his worth with the ball.

I think one member of PC might be made very happy by this news :p

It will be good to see how he manages in Australian conditions.

My local radio made a rather elementary mistake when saying the news as they said that Chris Broad had been brought into the squad, 20 years earlier mate :p

I wouldn't think Broad would play on Friday, but he might on Sunday especially if Mahmood gets pasted. It would be a good test for him to bowl to Gilchrist and Ponting. Plus I'd like to see if he's any good, so hopefully he gets a game.

Will also be interesting to see if Vaughan will be fit and whether that will be a good or bad thing for England. His captaincy is definitely an asset, but it remains to be seen if he can make any runs- he might get lucky and make a decent score, cause he has the class. It's just that he hasn't got much form to build on.

irottev said:
Flemings SR looks bad, but consider that he had Fulton, Taylor, Styris, Oram all fall while he was there. Especially the last 2. it was bang bang. It's a hard situation. he isn't usually there that late. We can forgive him. The main thing is he is in better form.

Thats a fair call. Its real tough to keep the runs flowing when wickets are tumbling. Espcially since Flem had been in the worst form of his career, it would have been hard. He looked tired tho, he had had a fairly drainging month or so.

I still reckon he is the man to take us to the WC...hinting at cricket/rugby WC double!!....does TAB have a book open on that.

kodos said:

oh my oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!!!! I am going to look like an idiot when he goes for 200 runs off 10 overs.No he won't come on super stu we will win the finals now :hpraise :D :happy :happy

this is his chance to get in the world cup squad.I'm not sure how he will perform given the fact he's not played against a quality tem since Pakistan but he can't be any worse than Tremlett

PhilD123 said:
I think one member of PC might be made very happy by this news :p

who could that be then? I have to get tickets for this match now. AAA where do i get them?! If not i will be staying up all night. thank god it's half term next week because i would have missed school to watch super stu! :)

Last edited:
Could turn out to be a very counter-productive call-up because his confidence will take a shredding if he gets a tonking. Will be a good learning curve for him though.

The finals where Australia are fired up and ready to hammer us for beating them wasn't the best time to call him up. They should have done it when it looked like we were out. Super stu was the only Englishman who could have come out of this tour with any confidence left but know he's going to lose it. Not heard about KP's return yet, come on KP! my 2 favourite players could be making surprise call ups!

irottev said:
However, after the dream start of 50 by the 7th over, he barely got above 70 until the end. It may be hard to score when wickets tumble, but is it really that hard to keep the innings afloat when they're not? Consider that the later players fell desperately trying to get on top of a RRR that was at first a manageable 6, then 7 and eventually 10 at the 44th over. It was surely possible that he could have turned a few of his 93 dot balls into ones or twos. 15 runs was the difference. Paul Collingwood had earlier scored 5 more twos and 8 more singles in his innings of 106 off 28 less deliveries.

Get the ones and twos. It's as old as the game.

However, it doesn't matter much now, it was one way of several to win the game. Catches could have been held and stumps could have been thrown down (Styris).

I mean to ask about England now, calling up Stuart Broad for Chris Tremlett. So that's Jones, Anderson, Lewis and Tremlett in total sidelined. What is it that you are doing to your bowlers, England?

go clone bob willis he wont ever get you a 10 fer and somehow manages to bat without even having one

Griffo said:
lol this could make or break you foxy

Don't base him on how you see him bowl against your lot. Tait would have been absolutely spanked had he played against Australia but you would see his potential. just because this is the firts time you see him don't think he's crap because he gets spanked. (ignore this statement when he takes 10 wickets) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread