Commonwealth Bank Series

Even though they went with Flintoff the rest of the series, you can tell he doesn't want to do it. Strauss looks a lot smarter then Flintoff, he has more experiance at it I believe also. Making Flintoff a captain in the first place was a stupid mistake. They tried it, it didn't work.

Maybe a humbling defeat in this series and indeed maybe in the WC will finally awaken the sleepy heads in the ECB? lol the 5 - 0 Ashes loss sure as heck didn't!

If England are capable of beating us and making 290 without Pietersen in their lineup then surely their capable of beating us without Vaughan.

That is indeed one of the few bright sparks from this Odi series. That if the likes of Anderson and KP slot back into the side and the rest of the players continue to perform as they have done in the last 2 games our team looks ok. Problem of course is if KP comes back in and the rest of them go back to hoping KP gets a score.

wfdu_ben91 said:
If England are capable of beating us and making 290 without Pietersen in their lineup then surely their capable of beating us without Vaughan.
But having Vaughan is good for the moral and that can be a difference between winning or loosing. Now that Flintoff is captain again, I am not quite sure about England chances although I have put some vBookie on their victory.

The Melbourne pitch looks to be good for chasing, well for the Aussies it has. Also a high scoring one not too much movement so should be another bat dominated game.

Haha in cricket07 England bat first and are 5 for 102 after 10 overs! Amazing! Well Friday be the same? Time will tell lol

Yea good point ben. They did very well against us last time....

For those who weren't aware the England captain Michael Vaughan is out of the tri-series finals after failing to recover from the latest flare-up of his hamstring injury, team officials said today.

aussie1st said:
Don't think there is an if about it, Flintoff will be captain according to that article.
Obviously bit silly given Fletcher just admitted Flintoff was better off without the pressure.

:D

Fantastic isn't it?

wfdu_ben91 said:
They hit around our second string bowling attack and then a lineup without Ponting or Symonds failed to chase 290 in a game that had no bearing on our series; we'll be playing our best team tomorrow and in all likelihood they won't get close. I'll also echo the "why on earth are we back to captain Freddie" sentiments, perhaps they're scared of hurting his feelings.

It was good timing for England then that our second string was playing. Haha sounds like an orchestra!

Damo01 said:
For those who weren't aware the England captain Michael Vaughan is out of the tri-series finals after failing to recover from the latest flare-up of his hamstring injury, team officials said today.

You know I'm generally not happy about this right? Coz as with Flemming, when Vaughan was Captain things happened in the field!

All I can say is I hope Freddie has a great Captain attitude now lol

Last edited:
Australia did lose to England when Freddie was captain so I wouldnt lose hope just yet. And there is no point in saying Australia were playing their second string side and how Ponting dint play. England too were without their first string bolwers in Lewis and Anderson and KP probably our finest batsman too wasnt available.

Vaughan out is a blow but it means we get Loye back at the top of the order. Silver linings and all that. As long as Loye doesn't think too much about his last innings it could work out well. If he gets off to a flyer in the first ten, our chances of getting a big score are increased. It also leaves Joyce to play naturally without having to force it too much.

m_vaughan said:
Australia did lose to England when Freddie was captain so I wouldnt lose hope just yet. And there is no point in saying Australia were playing their second string side and how Ponting dint play.
We've been playing experimental sides all series, it's no great achievement to pick up a game along the way- now we're in the finals we'll play our best team and there's no real reason to think England will be able to complete.

England too were without their first string bolwers in Lewis and Anderson, and KP probably our finest batsman too wasnt available.
None of them will be coming back tomorrow, how do they help the cause

Users who are viewing this thread