Commonwealth Bank Series

John Adams said:
And if any Aussies wonder why I bought it, it's coz an Ashes series is always a great series no matter who wins, and since I missed out on it, I felt I owed myself the pleasure of watching it. I admit that since we have regained the the ashes now has made the viewing of that 2005 series pleasureable, not as painful lol
I'll never forget the image of Vaughan & his team getting up on the stage. Vaughan kissing the urn and then the England team dancing behind him along with the crowd, going "YEEEAH!" as red & white confetti filled the air and then the camera's cut to the Australian Team who were looking completely shattered.

And then one of the announcers saying as the umpires broke the bails off the stump... "ENGLAND... Have regained the Ashes at the oval, let the celebrations begin"

An absolute nightmare for Australian supports if you simmed straight from the start of that series to the end of it.

Last edited:
WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
SA is the best ? :p , their most players doesnt know how to play except Kallis and Boucher , they can only play in thier ground . WE r still best , We will prove it WC , We r the Champions , 1 series doesnt make any decissions . :cheers

Too bad your spelling and grama aren't world class other wise your comments would have some credibility. So SA are only good on their own grounds....that would explain why they are breathing down Australia's neck in the ratings ;) . Smith, Pollock, Ntini etc don't know how to play cricket, now thats an interesting deduction especially since Polly is, in fact, rated the best ODI bowler at the momment. Perhaps you should actually watch cricket so as to get a better understanding of the game. ;) Cheers

Oddball said:
Too bad your spelling and grama aren't world class other wise your comments would have some credibility. So SA are only good on their own grounds....that would explain why they are breathing down Australia's neck in the ratings ;) . Smith, Pollock, Ntini etc don't know how to play cricket, now thats an interesting deduction especially since Polly is, in fact, rated the best ODI bowler at the momment. Perhaps you should actually watch cricket so as to get a better understanding of the game. ;) Cheers
that was harsh.......
everyone knows SA are nearing Australia and we all damn know Pollock is the best ODI bowler ATM, but you dont here us bragging about a 5-0 ashes white wash :p :spy

Oddball said:
I don't rate Smith at all. He was very ordinary when they played here last summer, in the same mould as Strauss this summer but at least Strauss made a fifty on the tour.

Feelin Blue? said:
that was harsh.......
everyone knows SA are nearing Australia and we all damn know Pollock is the best ODI bowler ATM, but you dont here us bragging about a 5-0 ashes white wash :p :spy

I told earlier that 5-0 ASHES is something special . :cheers

wfdu_ben91 said:
An absolute nightmare for Australian supports if you simmed straight from the start of that series to the end of it.

Well like I said, it is good I'll see that knowing that we have regained the Ashes. I guess all Aussies should've done what I am doing, watching a series defeat after a series win :laugh

Oddball said:

You spelt grammar wrong. If you can't write properly then don't point out other peoples errors. I do agree to an extent though.

Feelin Blue? said:
that was harsh.......

I don't see South Africa getting near us as a test team, because even though we got owned 5-0 South Africa also lost 5 tests out of 6 and 3 at home.

symonds_sixes said:
I would be bored watching that Ashes DVD, they keep replaying everything from the series on tv!

Don't believe in reliving special moments huh? Though in the case of 2005, it's all brand new to me lol. Well sure I saw a few clips in cricket07, but that's not the same as a proper dvd review of course...

i barely saw any of the ashes either, me being in year 5 at the time only managed to watch the first 10 overs :p saw some of the One Day series though.

once again that depends if you saw the series or not, if you didn't see the series than you might as well watch it now whilst you can still get the DVD

Feelin Blue? said:
once again that depends if you saw the series or not, if you didn't see the series than you might as well watch it now whilst you can still get the DVD

Yea that's it thanks. :) and yea it wasn't there the last time I went to that store, and lo and behold today it was there! :happy I always regreted not seeing that series, so now I have no regrets lol

Users who are viewing this thread