Commonwealth Bank Series

G Jones has come and gone, he CANNOT keep!!! When will the England selectors get it right? England make the dumbest selections, when it comes to team selections. Notpicking PLunkett,Panesar,Mahmood. Picking Giles. Picking Mal Loye.

Yeah, great effort from England - they smashed us really in the Finals. AND THEY DESERVED TO WIN.

Our batting looked terrible last night, but really it was quality bowling from England. Sure Plunkett is prone to dish up wides and rubbish, but geez he pulls out some great balls - see Ponting & Gilchrist dismissals (also Hodge was dropped too off a sweet delivery). As we saw in 2005 Ashes, some good swing bowling really shows up our batsmen.

Plus what a catch from Dalrymple to get rid of Watson.

Overall, a very unpredictable result, but at least the last half of the tournament gave us some good matches. Now onto NZ, then the World Cup...we're not in trouble, we'll be back.

Great win for England! I think eng can win the world cup if they play like this....they need KP...Vaughan...Tres back in the lineup and few other good bowlers...

Congratulations for England by having a bad tour and making a comeback at the end of their tour, winning the CB series finals.

They should go well in the WC, winning it though well SA are probably the best side atm so they will need to get past them.

Well i'll be damned.

I saw both games. England played some great cricket. The two stars were Collingwood and Plunkett. The rest were alright, but I wouldn't be too confident about them yet. There are weak points. They do know that though. Some great innings by Collingwood, he really did make a big difference. He looked dreadful at the start of the series. He isn't a big boundary hitter, but he's batting the innings a few times collecting easy singles and twos, Very smart batting by him.

But as much as England outplayed Australia, Australia didn't help themselves. They are really in a rut right now. Definatly missing Symonds in the middle order and, I dunno. First off England looked terrible, then we caught the disease, now the Australians have it. None of the three teams can really be satisfied as a whole but of course England will be thrilled to win it and win the games which actually mattered.

Aussies are doing the same stuff we were, dropping crucial catches, in the first match they skrewed up run-outs, batting collapses at the end when the hard work up frount gave them a decent start.

I really felt in that second game though, the Aussies were hard done by. The amount of swing in that second innings and then all the interuptions didn't help them out. It's never good for a game to end with the weather having a say, I still rekon the Aussies could have given it a go. You never know. I know the players are saying it;s the worst they've seen themselves play and i'll agree. Those two matches are probably the worst 2 in a row they've had for a while. In the end it'll be a good thing for them. They will get their hunger for victory back.

Now hopefully we can kick them while they're down when they come over here. No Ponting, Gillchrist or Symonds so really, theres no excuses for losing the series. If we can't beat the Aussies at home without those three we may as well not bother turning up for the World Cup. Then again, we've just seen one of the most amazing turn-arounds ever. When you are on those rolls you get all the luck. Bring back that winning feeling black caps.

XI of the series for me:

Hayden
Vincent
Ponting (c)
Collingwood
Flintoff
Oram
Vettori
Plunkett
Nixon
Bond
McGrath

It was unfortonate that a wicket keeper has to be picked. But Nixon was probably the best behind the stumps (his poor batting leaves him to come in at the tail), because of his noise and he did a good job. Any of those guys would be unlucky to miss out. I think Lee is also unlucky and was really only pipped by Bond because of slightly worse strikerate and averages. Bond was more expensive though. Wasn't much in it. One of the all-rounders could be dropped, but which? Oram's bowling wasn't great, but he is worth taking as a batsman alone anyway. Best average of the series. Collingwood couldn't be left out because of his finals and Flintoff was steady with bat and ball. Maybe he would be the unlucky one.

Symonds, Joyce and Anderson were unlucky exclusions. Had Anderson played more matches, he may have been a certainty.

siddharth2002 said:
Hard to believe that some of the Aussie users are whining, don't you guys have enough cups already ?

Just to show you the kind of guy I am, I just bought the 2005 NPOWER Ashes series dvd. Coz I actually didn't watch a ball of that series sadly.

Now we all know who won that series, so if I was a whiner, I'd not have wasted money on a series that the Aussies lost huh?

Not saying you were refering to me with your post, but I just wanted to let you know the kind of guy I am, a superb guy! :D

And if any Aussies wonder why I bought it, it's coz an Ashes series is always a great series no matter who wins, and since I missed out on it, I felt I owed myself the pleasure of watching it. I admit that since we have regained the the ashes now has made the viewing of that 2005 series pleasureable, not as painful lol

Congrats on a superb cba series win England, I'm man enough to say that as well. ;)

John Adams said:
Not saying you were refering to me with your post, but I just wanted to let you know the kind of guy I am, a superb guy! :D

cough cough :rolleyes:
England played excellent in the later stages of the series, congratz!
You could have done it without Plunkett though... Just saying :p

There is a lot of whining and it's disappointing. We won five Tests, England won five ODIs. What could be fairer?

aussie1st said:
They should go well in the WC, winning it though well SA are probably the best side atm so they will need to get past them.

SA is the best ? :p , their most players doesnt know how to play except Kallis and Boucher , they can only play in thier ground . WE r still best , We will prove it WC , We r the Champions , 1 series doesnt make any decissions . :cheers

Last edited:
they did score 398 against the Pakistanis ;)
and angry angry are you referring to my post? cuz i was just joking thats why i did this ' :p '

Last edited by a moderator:
Feelin Blue? said:
they did score 398 against the Pakis ;)
and angry angry are you referring to my post? cuz i was just joking thats why i did this ' :p '

They score in thier grounds not away ;)

good point, but they have good form on there hands... and bats :p
I believe many teams will be away from there comfort zones, it will be hot but what will the pitches be? dusty?

Feelin Blue? said:
good point, but they have good form on there hands... and bats :p
I believe many teams will be away from there comfort zones, it will be hot but what will the pitches be? dusty?

Maybe be hard . :)

Forget the grounds if you can score 392 and 400 it's a dam fine achievement. Some teams can only dream of touching those totals. Heck bar that 400 of ours we haven't even come close to 390.

Users who are viewing this thread