Commonwealth Bank Series

Amazing how well this guy can time it. He's also not that type of guy to slog at everything, such a good player.

Spoke too soon. Out.

Booo White's out. I hope someone taped that shot from the other over on Bond though and put's it on youtube. That was an amazing shot off a genuine fast bowler.

Noooooo, White deserved a 50 there. If only he had a bit more power in that shot.
Bond is usually much better than this at the death, first I've seen him give wides and no balls this late.

What does it matter. Bracks is the only one who can really hit it.

Amazing! A hat-trick!?

wfdu_ben91 said:
I remember Joyce from the Twenty20 game. He wasn't strong enough to hit over the top, he must be a strokemaker or something.
It's not like he can't hit big, he just didn't play it right. He got out advancing at a ball outside off and trying to crossbat it. Even Gilchrist waits a few balls before pulling out the big and ridiculous shots.

whoa, hat trick

awww what a let down! i was getting ready to laugh at us being all out!!!

i cant see aus not being able to defend 290.... should be a win for Aus which is great for the team we have, its a very young one

289, that's enough for a pitch like this. In for a contest if NZ don't lose early wickets.

8/289 a very good total after looking in a bit of trouble just before our late hitting. This should be defendable, no Lewis around so we should be fine :)

NZ do have McCullum who could take it to us and Taylor is the same.

it will come down to how our defensive bowlers (clark/clarke/symonds) hold their end, if they can slow the runs down, we can win this easily

Fancy that, out of all of the players who can bat Ponting & Hussey were the 2 lowest scorers.
I dunno about McCullum, apparently I've heard he has the talent. I've only seen him play 1 really good innings & his record doesn't look overally impressive either.

Users who are viewing this thread