Commonwealth Bank Series

rickyp said:
hmm... im watching it on my phone now as the rest of my family kicked me off the tv.... not fair at all!!!!
poor form by your family rickyp

Taylor's actually quite good. I thought he'd one of those youngsters who make a big score surrounded by a ton of small scores. His got some talent as far as rolling the wrists goes.

Maybe Stuart Clark is just a Test Match bowler?

Looks like my suspensions were right, Clark just isn't made for ODI. The Kiwis are really taking to his bowling and hes going at more than 6 an over.

He was lucky to get a wicket last game aswell. Pietersen basically handed it to him. It'll be interesting to see how the selectors use him
Johnson's going alright though. Just going at 4 an over & could've gotten a wicket just then, Flemming almost chopped it on.

Clark's just too easy to pick up I think. Even the Yorker, Taylor seems to be able to see it coming hours away.

It really begs the question, how has he had so much effect with the red ball?

Johnson also was taking stick but unlike Clark his next over was much better. Hilfy has probably jumped ahead of Clark and if Tait doesn't get injured again he'll come back into contention.

angryangy said:

The batsmen didn't have to attack him so he can just bowl his line and length.

I've never really be a big fan of Clark's bowling anyway. He doesn't have a real bowlers presence about him to look to threatening. Batsman just need to attack him.
Johnson gets the breakthrough of Flemming. I don't get why people don't think he belongs. He goes at four an over, picks up atleast a wicket or so and has a bowl average of 25.

angryangy said:
Clark's just too easy to pick up I think. Even the Yorker, Taylor seems to be able to see it coming hours away.

don't even begin to doubt clark, he isnt a ODI bowler because he is a hitting pace and is unstoppable when the batsman start to defend. He is just like mcgrath and the only reason Mcgrath doesnt get tonked is because his name.

McGrath is a class bowler and now we see how good he really is. Players have tried to attack him but most have failed. You don't get 344 wickets by fluke.

That's not enough for me, Glenn McGrath excels at ODIs. Fair enough, batsmen leave and defend, but they are still baffled by his bouncer and Yorker, even at "hitting pace"

McGrath's not only an accurate bowler but his a smart one aswell. Clark might be almost be as accurate but he doesn't have the brains of McGrath.
I reckon Clark will be selected for the WC regardless because of his Ashes performance even if he doesn't have a very good CBS series.

I hope thats not the case cause Test and ODI are quite different and if Clark can't go well with the form hes in then he'll never go well in ODIs.

Wow what a 6 by Taylor and hes made his 50. Top knock by him.

I reckon the selectors are more scrupulous than that. They're keeping Bracken out of the Test squad, I see no reason to keep Clark in the ODI squad, when there's plenty of others who can do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread