Commonwealth Bank Series

Good to see the Kiwi's have finally produced a pretty good batsman. Flemming's decent but all of their other batsman are nothing above average.
Looks as if the two star batsman from England & New Zealand have hurt themselves. :p
Wouldn't ya being someone elses runner?

Last edited:
Yea not looking good for Taylor as hes just got a runner out. Hope it's not too serious as this guy is in good form and it a talent.

Roy not going so well with his spinners, seamers are doing better.

Astle's barely anything less than Fleming. I'd say Oram is potentially a better batsman than either, but just hasn't got the results in ODIs, probably because he needs to play up the order and away from the death. Fulton's another good one as we're seeing here. One of these two should be opening the batting instead of McCullum.

The full compliment of NZ's team is an interesting affair, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Most players can bat adequately and several offer bowling choices, leading to option after option in the field and the ability to carry the scoring beyond what is reasonable for conventional teams.

McCullum opening definitely hasn't worked, having him down the order also adds that extra hitting power so he looks best suited down there.

White just got whacked for 6, this is going to be one good finish.

Gee, noone can pick Hilfy's slower ball. First Bell in the Twenty20 match & now Ross Taylor.
Johnson's broken through again.

Last edited:
Best slower ball in the world perhaps?
Johnson gets the big wicket of Taylor geez he has a knack for getting big wickets.

Hopefully it's Hilfy doing the tail cleaning :) But looks like you're right Ben hes just picked up his 2nd of a flick from Vettori. NZ tail is just far too long with another 100 to get.

They just collapsed like flies after Taylor got out, quite similar to how the English have gone this summer. But I expect a full fit side will be much more harder to get out, usually the Kiwi lineup bats very low.

Amazing how the game turned so fast. At that 30 over mark they were doing so well until some magic in the field and from the bowlers.

Ausies gets a second win in a row in this series :clap

* NZ batting is tooo weak ( now i feel its weaker than England )
* McCullum and Astle :what strange opening pair!
* Fleming and Astle shd have opened.
* McCullum shd have come after Mcmillan
* Two spinners in Aussie track.. Patel and Vettori :what Something wrong with the selection seriously ;)
* Where is Styris,Oram and Marshal ???? ( i didnt follow the match becos its very early in Indian timings )

I was hoping NZ to win this match yestrday but the selection of TeamXI is very strange! Two sides that have the capability to beat Aussies... One is WestIndies and another is NewZealand ( though India can join as a threaten only if Tendulkar threatens ;) )

Yes, they really hurt without those key players down the order. What is the eta on their returns? They've all been injured for a very long time.

You can't be using that as an excuse. We didnt have Hogg, McGrath or Lee playing.

Users who are viewing this thread