Commonwealth Bank Series

Nothing wrong with KP doing what hes doing, it's awesome to watch but McGrath would hate seeing him come down the pitch all the time so this would give him some joy.

They really should try Tremlett. Like gk pointed out the pace attack isn't any good right now. The spin attacking is quite strong tho'.

Yea I agree Tremlett should definitely be given a go as he should cause problems with his height. Mahmood well why not the English pace attack ain't looking all that great.

Jones brief ODI career hasn't been all that amazing so he would have been borderline.

aussie1st said:
Nothing wrong with KP doing what hes doing, it's awesome to watch but McGrath would hate seeing him come down the pitch all the time so this would give him some joy.
Its harder then it sounds, but if McGragth sees Pieterson coming down the pitch he could try to bowl a yorker on leg stump to cause him some trouble

Dez said:
It's not McGrath's fault Pietersen is an idiot, what kind of player goes down the pitch to 130km short ball?

The answer is noone who has a brain.

It's called a player using a brain and trying something different. Everyone knows McGrath is basically a robot and generally bowls the same line and length so it is a good option to advance down the track to make it into a fuller length. Hayden quite often does it to fast bowlers as well?? You calling him stupid now as well??

Feelin Blue? said:
Its harder then it sounds, but if McGragth sees Pieterson coming down the pitch he could try to bowl a yorker on leg stump to cause him some trouble
Actually it would be easier because if he attempts to bowl a yorker it would most likely be a full toss which can be worked away to mid wicket.

Agree about Tremlett, his domestic record is fantastic and he is much more of a viable option than Anderson. Anderson just doesn't seem to have the confidence atm, they should stop using him now, let him play for Lancashire once the season starts and get back to his best because atm he is probably only playing at half his best.

Well maybe bowl a half volley on leg stimp whhen he comes down the wicket and Pieterson will end up yorking himself.

It's not that simple. Pieterson gets into postion quickly and he can usually still play across the line of a half volley and still get a single.

Theres not much you can do about it really. If you can kinda of predict where he is walking down to then you could put the yorker in that spot. The easiest way is having Gilly come up to the stumps to discourage KP from doing that.

It would be that much more risky though as McGrath could push it down the leg side and get a stumping.

Bond and Gillespie bowled a good length to Hayden yesterday. Bond in particular bowled shortish and had Hayden defending off the back foot and then he slipped in a fuller one to beat the bat at the end of the over a couple of times. He deserved a wicket for that. And Gillespie naturally bangs it into the pitch which is the way to go with Hayden. Get it around waist height and he's stuck. I'm surprised he has such a decent record when he seems to be a front footer basher with one back foot shot - the pull shot. Gillespie and Bond seemed to be bowling very straight to both openers, not sure why - especially to Hayden.
Bond's one of the few fast-bowlers and his pace is enough to stamp out Hayden's charge. Gillespie on the otherhand is only fast-medium. I didn't watch Hayden's innings, I was asleep but if he didn't get him the charge them I'm supprised.

Bond's hattrick had to be one of the most useless hattrick in history. Although he might have saved them 10 runs I guess.
Well most hattrick's shouldn't be considered hattricks as they usually involve the wicket of a tailender.

Users who are viewing this thread