Commonwealth Bank Series

I don't necessarily think it's being over-confident. Sure, he is very confident, but I feel it's more that he just has massive self belief and when he makes a decision, he'll back himself to pull it off. If he didn't have that confidence and self belief he wouldn't be the player he is.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Pietersen's such an amazing talent. It's weird how South Africa couldn't play him when they had the chance because I reckon he'll end up being more successful then the likes of Ponting, Lara & Tendulkar and he'll probably carry England throughout the most of his career aswell.

If KP was black he'd be playing for South Africa.

Bond is in doubt with more back problems. They rekon it's just muscular but it will be checked out. I hope thats all it is. Back to back games really don't suit the fast bowlers well. The itinary is ridiculous.

Tell me about it. I really don't see the point in having this many ODI's anyway. Especially when they are crammed into a ridiculous space of time.

irottev said:
Bond is in doubt with more back problems. They reckon it's just muscular but it will be checked out. I hope thats all it is. Back to back games really doesn't suit physically challenged bowlers like Bond. The itinary is ridiculous.

Fixed

;)

Though these ammount of games are silly, he's only played 2 games.

well they want the ashes to be 6 tests now so it's not getting any less full of fixtures

I don't see why more teams don't see more ODI's as an advantage, this close to the WC. I mean look at Australia, they're resting players and trying out new ones, it's what NZ and England should be doing, rather than having the same players playing a lot of cricket in a short space of time.

That's a fair point I suppose. I don't really think England are interested in experimenting for this series though. They just want to win as many matches as possible so that this tour doesn't end up being a complete disaster.

evertonfan said:
That's a fair point I suppose. I don't really think England are interested in experimenting for this series though. They just want to win as many matches as possible so that this tour doesn't end up being a complete disaster.
Hang on, they've got Nixon behind the stumps, Joyce going from opener to the middle order, and Panesar playing. How is that not experimenting?

Because they've been forced into just about every one of those changes :p

By experimenting I think people mean by using someone with oomph at the top. Like a Loye, etc...

MUFC1987 said:
Hang on, they've got Nixon behind the stumps, Joyce going from opener to the middle order, and Panesar playing. How is that not experimenting?

Joyce was forced, Panesar is the obvious choice and Nixon is there because England just seem to hate Chris Read. If they were experimenting they'd have played Bopara.

wfdu_ben91 said:
And you English did it without Kevin Pietersen aswell.

Kiwis are without Mills, Styris and Oram. I'd back Bangladesh to beat either of these teams.

Users who are viewing this thread