Commonwealth Bank Series

I don't usually moan on here about umpiring decisions, but that Strauss decision was a disgrace! I'm amazed Franklin was even appealing for it to be honest he hit it that well. Even at full speed you can make out two definite noises.

Anyway! What does it matter? We finally won a game!! :happy

Collingwood has played many oneday games and can bat and bowl great, im not to sure about his fielding but i think it is one of the better in the english team... not sure

Feelin Blue? said:
im not to sure about his fielding but i think it is one of the better in the english team... not sure

I hope you're saying this because you haven't seen much of his fielding. :p He is one of the best in the world.

stevie said:
I don't usually moan on here about umpiring decisions, but that Strauss decision was a disgrace! I'm amazed Franklin was even appealing for it to be honest he hit it that well. Even at full speed you can make out two definite noises.

That decision almost cost England the game!

stevie said:
I hope you're saying this because you haven't seen much of his fielding. :p He is one of the best in the world.
I dont watch England much only when they are playing Australia but he never seems to get the ball. i said i thought he was good but i might have been thinking of someone else but i wasn't

stevie said:

I think Franklin was just pulling out when the finger went up. It wasn't a confident appeal by any means.

IloveGilly said:
That decision almost cost England the game!

I disgree. If anything Strauss getting out helped a little. He was scoring like a slug and it would of meant Flintoff would be in later then he was perhaps. Ya just never know.

irottev said:
I think Franklin was just pulling out when the finger went up. It wasn't a confident appeal by any means.

Oh I agree. To be fair it probably looked abit different from his angle too, being a left armer.

Previously i though that aus will lose since their many players have taken retirement!But they gave me a surprise by def kiwis!Kiwis have a very poor batting line up causing them to loose the match!

HBK said:
Previously i though that aus will lose since their many players have taken retirement!But they gave me a surprise by def kiwis!Kiwis have a very poor batting line up causing them to loose the match!

To be fair, the ODI team hasn't been effected by the mass retirements really. Although Martyn had a good Champions Trophy, he hasn't exactly been up to the standard Australia would like in either form of the game since probably the India tour. Langer and Warne were playing tests only and McGrath won't be gone until after the World Cup.

irottev said:
I disgree. If anything Strauss getting out helped a little. He was scoring like a slug and it would of meant Flintoff would be in later then he was perhaps. Ya just never know.
Certainly. It was important that Bell got a chance to stonewall.

Having just watched the highlights i'll give my two shillings worth;

1.Isn't it amazing how Flintoff's batting has miraculously got better since he hasn't been captain?

2.Jimmy finally showed us his class even though he was still giving away too many four balls.

3.Strauss must be due one hell of an innings because almost every time he's been out on this tour has been controversial.

4.England's batting is still woefully weak.

5. Lewis is out of his depth. He just hasn't looked penetrive at all away from home.

6. WE WON! GET IN!

irottev said:

Once Strauss is in he can play his shots. He might've made 100 :p

evertonfan said:
6. WE WON! GET IN!

What was the best thing about it? A 1 ball thriller? :p

Users who are viewing this thread