Commonwealth Bank Series

irottev said:
Oh, and I forgot, that umpiring decision on Strauss was absolutly disgusting. The umpiring this series so far has been absolutly shocking. That has to be the single worst umpiring decision I have ever seen. Even beats that other shocker recently in the ashes.

Ironically, if Strauss had stayed in longer, we probably would have had a better chance at winning.

On Stryis:

He smashed 73* runs for Auckland today to win the match and got a wicket too. Good enough for me, get the man on a plane.

Mills was economical but for some reason bowled 9.4 overs. I dunno whether he finished an over for another bowler or had to stop bowling the over through injury. I hope he is alright.

Chris Harris got a nice 39* and bowled 10 cheap overs. I rekon we should get him over too.

Yeah I just saw the highlights on the news and that Strauss decision was an absolute shocker, Steve Davis needs to remove the sunnies next time he goes out there, massive inside edge, in fact I reckon he closed the bat intentionally to play it on the on side but just hit the pad on the way.

That's great to hear about Styris scoring some runs and picking up a wicket, if he does play in the next game at the SCG he should replace McMillan or Franklin. To me NZ don't really need Mills' service atm, Gillespie is doing a fine job but if Bond is seriously injured than he should be the replacement. Any news on Oram?? To me he is NZ's best player.

Good to see England finally get a win on tour.

And i think every cricket lover will be happy to see Flintoff hit some form with the bat, which may hopefully carry over into his bowling. He is a real trump card for this tournament, even moreso now KP is out.

lol poor Strauss, wonder if he likes Strauss classical music? Yea wot a bad bad decision! I kinda wish all umpires were all androids! And they all had eyes that can see in all sprectrums of light, and that could also zoom in when needed, and could even run replays of wot they saw through thier positronic brains if needed. And they all looked identical, and were called Data (LOL!) so there was no android favouritsm lol. :D

Amazing that Freddie is allowed to just think about his own game and comes away with 2 wickets with a good economy rate and a match winning innings... it's not like we didn't warn you England!

Boy did they make a meal of it though, seemed to let New Zealand get 20-30 odd runs more than they possibly should, and then made batting as hard as possible, yes the bowling was good, but it showed one of the major differences between England and Australia.

Australia have the players that can hit big, but it's the fact that they can also pick up singles and keep the scoreboard ticking over, Englands batsman seemed incapable of doing either.

A long time coming.

We bowled well barring Lewis all the bowlers did well. Vaughan technique for that Taylor catch was hilarious. Fred had an amazing game, the batting seemed odd. But who cares we won!

After going up to bed after 21 overs last night, I woke up expecting us to have won the game!

PS: I put 400 at 2/1 in Vbookie for England to win!

well done fred and the boys long time coming! might buy freddies book today to celebrate! half price in waterstones bargain looks a better read than strauss's or KP's
books

As bad as one another really.

If Vaughan is injured again, theyre really stuffed. Because then they'll give the captaincy to Flintoff who is thier best batter and bowler, and he can't cope with the pressure of being a 1 man team if he captain aswell.

i didn't see Englands bowling or much batting but they made it hard at the end! I was gonna bet some of my VCash on New Zealand... if i did i probably wouldn't have had any left!

Yeh i just saw the Strauss dismissal, the guy can't buy a break.

Give the captaincy to Paul Collingwood.

Collingwood could be succesful as captain, he no doubt has the expierence and is a good allround player

yes i would agree best of a bad lot, nowt can stop the tonker boys at present just too good one day cricket can be a lottery but they make it look easy, fair play to em!

well collingwood is the only other one with 100+ matches isnt he?

Users who are viewing this thread