Commonwealth Bank Series

They have better batting, our bowling attack is better though.

Another wicket down, comming down to the wire. If Flintoff had of been out off that skied Vettori four we would have won this game. I am sure of it. Certain. Even that noball. But that was a fair call, definate no-ball.

About time we had a close game in Australia, cmon Kiwis make it even more closer.
5 off 7, Lewis should block this and let Flintoff take care of the rest.
4 off 6 with Lewis on strike, here is the Black Caps chance.

This is a real good finish. I'm still tipping England to get over the line with Flintoff still at the crease.

It's never over till you have it in the bag. This game was never in the bag.

4 runs, 6 balls and Lewis on strike. What Cricket!

That Sri Lanka v NZ match comes to mind at the moment.

Something must be wrong with Bond. I hope he is ok :(

Come on boys. Lewis on Strike, DON'T GIVE RUNS.

That could be the game now, Flintoff on strike 3 off 4.
And there it is scores are level and Flintoff on strike.

Exciting game of Cricket, no one actually looked like winning it until the end.

That could give them a lot of confidence for their next match.

Yea who knows what Bond could have done there, shame he couldn't bowl those two overs. Hope his injury isn't too serious though as that man has had far too much bad luck with them.

3 on the trott.

And NZ hasn't endured anything near the losses England has.

Patel played fantastic. We are lucky to have 2 great spinners, both better then the English and Australian ones. They're keeping us in the games.

McCullum needs to return to the bottom order and we need Stryis and Oram over ASAP. Our all-rounders have always been our strength.

Poor batting performance from England dispite this win, they should of knocked this off with out too much trouble.
Australia would of knocked it off with 10 overs left and 7 wickets in hand.
England made a meal of it really.

Surprising that when two neutral teams play we often see fantastic, down to the last over matches. Maybe CA should keep the tri series concept :D

Anyways fantastic win, should give them massive confidence for the game against Australia, Anderson looks much improved today (probably because of change in opposition), Flintoff deserved Man Of The Match was superb back to his old best and Collingwood was also superb with the ball. S

Sympathy for NZ, they bowled well considering they only had 205 on the board but it just wasn't their day today. I wouldn't be too dis hearted as they bowled well in both their games, just the batting that needs to be rectified and NZ should bring in Styris and Oram (if they are fit) immediately.

Oh, and I forgot, that umpiring decision on Strauss was absolutly disgusting. The umpiring this series so far has been absolutly shocking. That has to be the single worst umpiring decision I have ever seen. Even beats that other shocker recently in the ashes.

Ironically, if Strauss had stayed in longer, we probably would have had a better chance at winning.

On Stryis:

He smashed 73* runs for Auckland today to win the match and got a wicket too. Good enough for me, get the man on a plane.

Mills was economical but for some reason bowled 9.4 overs. I dunno whether he finished an over for another bowler or had to stop bowling the over through injury. I hope he is alright.

Chris Harris got a nice 39* and bowled 10 cheap overs. I rekon we should get him over too.

Users who are viewing this thread