Commonwealth Bank Series

rickyp said:
and out..... 5 - 127..... that doesnt look good, hopefully they can claw onto 200
With that wicket, now maybe a possible 200, but 180 looks to be the target now

Vettori has 2 test 100's so he is still capable but New Zealand need him to bat with McMilllan to post a total of about 210 which you would need for Vettori and Patel.
England actually in the drivers seat here.

McMillian and Vettori, can they produce a decent enough score to help NZ to a big score?

Watch out for Vettori when the NZ ship is falling apart Vettori rescues the ship. McMillian has to stay with him though as without him Vettori will have to much pressure. Franklin is also a very decent batter so their is still hope but I don't know if their total will be enough.

Collingwood grabs McMillian the Kiwis desperately need their injured players back cause they are worst than England without them. I'm hearing Vettori got a rough call too.

You guys haven't clicked until you do this against us ;)
Back to the tennis now :D

aussie1st said:
Collingwood grabs McMillian the Kiwis desperately need their injured players back cause they are worst than England without them. I'm hearing Vettori got a rough call too.

You guys haven't clicked until you do this against us ;)
Back to the tennis now :D
Vettori did get a rough call, reported it was down the leg side, but Rauf put the finger up

Might be able to get 200 if Bond stays in for a few more overs before letting rip.
Franklin as I said can bat a bit so he should be more than capable of staying around.

NZ managed 205 alright total but England should be able to chase that.
Anderson finished off with another wicket to end up with 4, the ball before the wicket Gillespie went off the pitch by moving towards the left quite a funny shot.

That second to last ball should have been called wide. Infact, while we are on the subject, that Pakistani umpire is freaking useless (not that he made that particular call). He's made his what, 3rd bad decision in 2 games giving Vettori out LBW. That bal was obviously missing leg. When our spinners bowl we had better get the same consistancy.

Anyway, a pathetic batting display once again. A few batsmen threw their wickets away in soft fasion - McCullum and typical of McMillan to do it at a time where h was vital. A few were unlucky, Fleming and Astle playing on in not so orthodox fasion.

Collingwood bowled really well for you guys. The best bowler of them. Monty has no balls, never tossed one delivery up and I guess thats a good thing for us because he never looked dangerous (and didn't deserve the wicket he got).

I think we have enough runs to win, but should have got about 20 more at least. The pitch is slower, I can't say I agree with 2 ODI's being played back to back on the same pitch. I guess you need to when you have too many matches in the series. Even so you can't call it a bad wicket. Our tail batted well to keep us in the match.

Bond, Gillespie, Vettori and Patel should be a handful. We have Astle and McMillan as our Medium pacers so they can hopefully do a Collingwood-like job. They were pretty tidy against the Aussies on the first match so should be even better today in more favourable conditions.

I think I will go mad if we lose to England. I don't think I will bother watching the rest of the series until the 2 all-rounders come back over.

symonds_sixes said:
New Zealand have a poor batting lineup. They really need to reduce the amount of out and out bowlers they have in the side.
Agree. Even though Vettori and Franklin are handy, they are by no means good enough to allow 5 bowlers to be played. Especially with a batting line-up as poor as NZ is.

Users who are viewing this thread