Commonwealth Bank Series

Anderson bowling much better, he must be really happy not seeing Hayden and Gilly smashing him all over the place. Lewis has been all over the shop though.
McCullum always seems to get a start and quick one at that but then gets out.

I sure hope Hodge isnt put into the team.

bowled im!

just checking, does everyone agree that the bowling line up for aus for the next match should be: Johnson, Lee, McGrath, Hilfenhaus? even though Clark will probably be in for Hilf, Clark is a very poor ODI bowler

Lucky for England there, that was there for the taking and McCullum has miscued it to mid off.
New Zealand still have Astle their and with players like posting 270 and just as I type Fleming is gone.
New Zealand 2 wickets down now in the power play and are on the back foot for the time being.
New Zeland may need the tail to fire as well as Astle to post a competive score.

rickyp said:
I sure hope Hodge isnt put into the team.

bowled im!

just checking, does everyone agree that the bowling line up for aus for the next match should be: Johnson, Lee, McGrath, Hilfenhaus? even though Clark will probably be in for Hilf, Clark is a very poor ODI bowler

Hes already in we don't have another batter apart from Hogg and that would be crazy to expect him to do the role of a batter.
Agreed on not playing Clark hes just not an ODI bowler, Hilfy deserves another shot.

Fleming just wasn't timing the ball, managed to hit the gaps no trouble though. Astle is looking quite good.

Your username ;) Hes been rested for that match but will return for the Sunday game.
Anderson is one fire, gets his 3rd wicket and the vital wicket of Taylor at that. How come he didn't do that when we played him.

ugh oh... is he being rested? i sure hope he is!

Anderson is good at belting average teams, his confidence lets him down big time against Australia though

Poor shot from Ross Taylor in this situation.
New Zealand are in trouble now.
England must keep on top of New Zealand now which they have lacked in doing before.
New Zealand will still be very hopeful with still Astle at the crease.

I'm optimistic, unlike recent times, we have another Wicket taking bowler that we haven't used yet in this match.

Fulton looked quite good against us so I would expect him to go alright against England too.
Vaughan looks like he almost dropped that ;)

rickyp said:
flintoff? or panesar?
Panesar, Flintoff's already bowling. ;)

aussie1st said:
Vaughan looks like he almost dropped that ;)
Yeah, he's used to struggling in the field. I remember a few years ago when he used to juggle the ball down at fine leg, before finally taking it in.

Well as long as hes catching them no worries but you don't want to be dropping catches as the captain.

Users who are viewing this thread