Commonwealth Bank Series

I agree he isn't going to make much of an impact but i'd prefer him over Mahmood. I'd like to see Lewis perhaps play in the WI test home series with 3 games all up north with swinging conditions.

I don't mind who we replace Lewis with as long as he's replaced. Tremlett or Plunkett methinks.

Yeah maybe there but its a while away from that now.

Certainly not Plunkett to inconsistant and has been out of cricket for a while.

evertonfan said:
I don't mind who we replace Lewis with as long as he's replaced. Tremlett or Plunkett methinks.

Tremlett. I think we've missed a trick by not picking him more. I think the last time Plunkett played a game was against Sri Lanka in that ODI series

I wouldn't rule out Plunkett playing to be honest. The fact that he hasn't played cricket for ages will mean to nothing to an England side which picked Giles for the test series who spent an even longer spell on the sidelines. I like Plunkett though; He seems to have a wicket-taking nack similar to that of Jimmy in hsi early days.

In a similarish way to McGrath his bowling kisses the surface as well, doesn't lose much pace, and has that strange ability to seem to get quicker off the pitch.

stevie said:
Tremlett. I think we've missed a trick by not picking him more. I think the last time Plunkett played a game was against Sri Lanka in that ODI series

Certainly have I can't remembering him doing anything wrong when he played a few ODI's last year.
I think the England selectors have missed a trick also in not picking Broad for this ODI series.
I know he isn't best friends with Kevin Shine but I like a lot about him.
Got height, consistancy and will develop pace as he gets stronger.

I'd like to see Mahmood given a crack with the new ball. He's the type of bowler who could take early wickets, yet he gets farmed out as a first or second change. Plunkett is more likely though, as he was due to play in the first game of the series.

RoboRocks said:
Certainly have I can't remembering him doing anything wrong when he played a few ODI's last year.

Did pretty well in the NatWest series in 2005, certainly made an impression. I know he's had injury problems this year, but I don't think we've given him enough of a chance when he has been fit.

RoboRocks said:
I think the England selectors have missed a trick also in not picking Broad for this ODI series.
I know he isn't best friends with Kevin Shine but I like a lot about him.
Got height, consistancy and will develop pace as he gets stronger.

With the way the Aussies are playing at the moment, he could go for alot of runs. He is has obvious talent, but he still very young and I think playing in this ODI series would do more harm than good.

I think playing the best in the world would do him good.
I do like his attitude as well, one the aussies wouldn't like to much becuase he does come at you as a batsmen, he has that fast bowler venom in him that we have been lacking.

where the hell is owais shah?
ecbs selections are matching the pcb nowadays
instead of sending for loye or nixon or someone why not just call up the young prospects?
owais shah aint worse than loye or bopara is he

MUFC1987 said:
I'd like to see Mahmood given a crack with the new ball. He's the type of bowler who could take early wickets, yet he gets farmed out as a first or second change. Plunkett is more likely though, as he was due to play in the first game of the series.
true
mahmood hasnt even been given the ball at the right time in this whole tour
whenever australia are attacking or need quick runs-in comes mahmood and gives away more runs
expect freddie to open the bowling now that hes captain again therefore ruining the whole flow of the bowling tactics
hes worse than inzi in bowling tactics

evertonfan said:
I wouldn't rule out Plunkett playing to be honest. The fact that he hasn't played cricket for ages will mean to nothing to an England side which picked Giles for the test series who spent an even longer spell on the sidelines. I like Plunkett though; He seems to have a wicket-taking nack similar to that of Jimmy in hsi early days.

You'd pick Plunkett over Tremlett?

:help

Sureshot said:
You'd pick Plunkett over Tremlett?

:help

No you've got me wrong, i'm saying the selectors would. I would like Plunkett to play, but i'd prefer Tremlett to be given a go.

Plunketts been poor in his time with England imo. Tremlett deserves a chance and is far more accurate than Liam Plunkett is, plus Plunketts been ridden with injury for the last few months.

Users who are viewing this thread