Commonwealth Bank Series

Im going with SS here, Tremlett has been so far overlooked badly by the ECB and deserves his chance. Ive watched a fair bit of him at county level and he has a nice solid technique which i cannot see many faults as far as injurying himself goes, he also is quite accurate, some balls go astray but look at his age!

Id say Tremlett to be given a go, but i think Plunkett is also a good bowler, who chips in the odd runs for Durham, but hasnt showed it at international level.

I think if were talking about a ODI bowler line up id have this....

Mahmood/Dalrymple (who in a year or so id replace with Tom Smith, i think he has a real real future in the game)
Anderson
Lewis/Plunkett/Tremlett
Panesar

They really need to give Tremlett a go. His stats so far in his career tell that he can play international cricket.

Completely wasting that extra bowling spot on Lewis.

cricketmad09 said:
Think about who we had out last match.

Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee, Shane Watson and we still won by over 100 runs.

Thats because of the player pool Australia has. We have absolutly nothing in reserve whilst the Australians could probably field a second international side and be very compeditive to any team.

You can't call Watson a big loss. From what I have seen of him he has been very average. His bowling is better then White but I doubt his batting is better. And you would expect that is the place he would normally have. But for McGrath and Lee you brang in Johnston and Hilfenhaus and they were probably the best 2 performers.

We have 4 million people here and cricket isn't the most popular sport, it's rugby (unfortonatly, because it's stupid). We just don't have the players. Things are improving though. Australia has what? 20 million people and cricket seems to be the buzz. When I went over there, every third tv ad had cricket in it, the papers had pages and pages of news.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Looks like Bond's career could be over. Shame, he had the potential to be the best ever bowler produced by New Zealand.

Well, nothing is confirmed yet, from the comments so far it seems like it's just muscular so lets hope his career isn't over. It will dent the game and pretty much flag all our World Cup chances if he is out. I don't think he will bother comming back again. Really, after all that hard work for 4 or so years on it, the last thing he deserves is to break down again.

I don't think he will ever become better then Hadlee but he's defiantly the second best we have had. The fastest without any doubt.

Styris, Mills and Oram are all having one more domestic game and are expected to play on the 23rd against England. That's the word anyway.

I expect Bond to return back soon to play in the CB Series, doesn't seem to serious to me.

That's great to hear the 3 are returning, damn wish they'd play in the game on sunday when i'll be attending the game. :p

symonds_sixes said:
Shows you how poor the batting is in country cricket. Wouldn't get a game over here, that's for sure.

It's not the poor batting in county cricket, it's the conditions. If you actually saw and took notice of test matches in England, he is actually quite a dangerous bowler who can swing the ball a far amount, very much in the Hoggard mould.

kodos said:
I expect Bond to return back soon to play in the CB Series, doesn't seem to serious to me.

That's great to hear the 3 are returning, damn wish they'd play in the game on sunday when i'll be attending the game. :p

It's not the poor batting in county cricket, it's the conditions. If you actually saw and took notice of test matches in England, he is actually quite a dangerous bowler who can swing the ball a far amount, very much in the Hoggard mould.
Firstly I don't have paytv and secondly he's only played 1 test and failed (at least stats wise)

symonds_sixes said:
Firstly I don't have paytv and secondly he's only played 1 test and failed (at least stats wise)

He's not good enough for test cricket, nor is he really good enough to play outside England in Odi cricket, but he is a good county pro, and his stats confirm that, he is a horses for courses bowler, in the same way that someone like Mick Lewis is fairly rubbish on pitches that don't offer much bounce, Lewis is fairly rubbish when there is no swing and consistent pacey bounce.

Hope Bond makes it to the WC as he deserves that at the very least with all this bad luck hes had with injuries.

Lewis needs to take a leaf out of Bracken's book, when it doesn't swing for him hes still got line and length and cutters to get wickets.

Bond is cleared of Stress Fractures!

He will miss the Australian game but may be back for the England match.

aussie1st said:
Thats good to hear on Bond.

Our side has been named with Hilfy and Clark being dropped. Shame to see Hilfy not in the side but guess we're see more of him later on.

Adam Gilchrist (captain) Matthew Hayden, Brad Hodge, Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Mike Hussey, Cameron White, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken, Glenn McGrath.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21079404-23212,00.html
not the greatest selection, hilfenhaus has a much longer career ahead of him and will be more effective as right arm outswing compared to another leftie

aussie1st said:
Hes been injured and hasn't been in the great OD this season so of course he won't be at the WC.
then why the bollinger will make his mark comment?

Users who are viewing this thread