Commonwealth Bank Series

davefryer said:
Best comment I've heard all night. He may be fine or the tension may get to him but he's earned his chance. I still believe, however, that a team should be settled upon and perservered with and if that doesn't happen you never get a content team. If you haven't got that you might just as well give up.

Can't do too much about injuries. If we didn't call anyone up if another batsman flopped before Friday we'd have no replacements.

I hope Mal Loye's helmet works if he plays. He'll struggle to slog around Lee and Co like he does to the medium pacers in England.

RoboRocks said:
Its it worth the risk to throw Strauss back the captincy after a poor series thus far?
I think you have to stick with Flintoff.
Its bad enough with players getting injured and all this chopping and changing.
Flintoff must stay captian.

Strauss hasn't been as bad as his scores suggest, yes he's not been as good as he can be and yes he's been below par but he's had many a shocker.

Strauss is a good captain, why not Colly?

Bopara will porbably play.
BBC say he is going to open the batting.
Don't like this against McGrath and Lee, if there playing of course.
Tremlett instead of Lewis has to be the England thinking.

symonds_sixes said:
How on earth does Lewis get into a county team let alone a national team!?

He gets into a county team with a record that reads -

574 wickets at 26 in FC cricket and 211 wickets at 27 in List A cricket ;)

He is swings the ball when its new and is accurate, plus he has made runs for Glouster and he is also captian now I think.

puddleduck said:
He gets into a county team with a record that reads -

574 wickets at 26 in FC cricket and 211 wickets at 27 in List A cricket ;)
Shows you how poor the batting is in country cricket. Wouldn't get a game over here, that's for sure.

symonds_sixes said:
Shows you how poor the batting is in country cricket. Wouldn't get a game over here, that's for sure.

It actually shows that we get a lot more cloud cover and that the dukes and readers balls swing more than the kookaburra ball, but whichever way you want to look at it :rolleyes:

It must be a tough life for Lewis he has a couple of bad games and now gets slaughtered by everyone. Unlike Mahmood or someone who is allowed to carry on bowling crap.

Drewska said:
It must be a tough life for Lewis he has a couple of bad games and now gets slaughtered by everyone. Unlike Mahmood or someone who is allowed to carry on bowling crap.

I think Mahmood has been slagged off by just about everyone on here. :p Lewis was nearly really going to make an impact in Australia to be honest.

The difference I think Drew is that Mahmood is a young inexperience bowler who at times looks world class no matter what the surface, so if he improves his accuracy and control will be a good addition to the side.

Lewis on the other hand, is pretty much bowling as well as he can, and has only looked effective on home conditions, and when he's bowling in your standard English weather. I did think he would be able to adjust, but the Aussies in particular really look like they are going to go to town on him, even in that last match against New Zealand the pitch was actually more suited to him than Jimmy or Fred and he was outbowled. The reports from the academy were also bad with apparently every team they came up against taking a liking to his bowling. With the consistent bounce the Aussie pitches offer and with there sometimes being no swing on offer, he doesn't have enough about him to still cause problems.

Might turn out to be a horses for courses bowler, as if there is cloud cover, or some seam movement, or even in England, he is a very different prospect.

RoboRocks said:
Time to give Tremlett a go IMO.

Yep I agree, he's the sort of bowler who should do well in Australian conditions...

Oh and check your reps, stop it dammit :p

Users who are viewing this thread