Commonwealth Bank Series

I wouldn't completley rule it out to be honest. We did beat you in the CT in 2004 to end a dreadful run of defeats then.

to quote Kevin Keegan "i'd love it if we beat them". England won't win in the world cup though. now when Australia actually care

I lads, I look forward to todays game (currently 1:24am here) and I hope NZ put up a bonny fight for us! With An Australian victory in the end of course. Hope Flemming finally times the ball, and I hope Ponting finally wins a toss lol

Adam Gilchrist in an interview said that Ponting would definatly be playing next match, so Aus-NZ. Gilchrist will play this match and then decide if he wants a rest, if so, i reckon Haddin will come in

Simbazz said:
Adam Gilchrist in an interview said that Ponting would definatly be playing next match, so Aus-NZ. Gilchrist will play this match and then decide if he wants a rest, if so, i reckon Haddin will come in
Yeah I really like Haddin, he's got class :)

symonds_sixes said:
Yeah I really like Haddin, he's got class :)

Soon as Church retires, Haddin will be a brilliant replacement, but unfortunatly i cant see him being a ODI opener for Australia

Is there any younger wicket-keepers available in Australia? I'm not in any way shape or form doubting Haddin's talent but he is 29 and I want to know what else Australia have in reserve in the gloveman department.

Sureshot said:
I don't tend to disagree with you, this is an exception.

Collingwood is bloody good and certainly in the top 3 in the world. What makes him so good is his ability to stop balls he shouldn't. Anyone remember that catch he took at Lords (iirc) in the summer?

It looked like a catch from an EA game with the ball being a foot above his head and catching the ball despite not looking like he actually got to it.

Collingwoods one of the best because he stops lost causes.

Don't get me wrong, he is a very good fielder, he rarely drops anything, and he will throw himself about in the field. What I was saying though is that after he took that catch against Australia the English press was keen to build him up as the best fielder in World Cricket.

In reality though, Symonds is a better fielder, he is as good as Colly at everything, except he hits the stumps far more regularly, and is also quicker across the outfield. Clarke, De Villiers, and Bell are just as good as Colly. Granted those 4 are probably up there or thereabouts in the top 5 in the world, but I would certainly suggest there is no seperating them, with Symonds standing out ahead of the pack.

I think Yuvraj Singh and Dilshan have to be up there as well. There are a few New Zealanders worth a mention too.

i would trust Collingwood to take one of those amazing diving reaction catches more than Symonds

Users who are viewing this thread