Commonwealth Bank Series

evertonfan said:
Symonds hits the stumps practically every time though.

I'd probably take Collingwood ahead of Symonds. I base this on, me seeing more of the Durham man than Symonds.

I think in ODI Symonds would be great as apperently he hits everytime. But in the longer form of the game it has to be Collingwood ahead of everyone

evertonfan said:
I think Michael Clarke is better as a batsman and a fielder to be honest.

I think he is far too inconsitent to be classed as even in our litte conversation. Ok Colly has hit a bit of a slump, but i think overall he is a better all-rounder player.

All this being said, most Australians are great fielders. Even Brett Lee has been known to be a quick formidable fielder.

Symonds is a better Odi player than Collingwood Simbazz. Simbazz your summing my point up for me really.

The English media, and some fans along with it, are desperate to label England the best at anything they can, and in Collingwoods case that's the "best fielder" in cricket. When in reality, he is a very good fielder, but apart from two stunning catches in his international career, he is merely a very good fielder, and part of a group of very good fielders in international cricket that includes the likes of De Villiers, Gibbs, the Marshalls, Clarke, Dilshan, Yuvraj, and for me out in front on his own Symonds.

Simbazz said:
I think he is far too inconsitent to be classed as even in our litte conversation. Ok Colly has hit a bit of a slump, but i think overall he is a better all-rounder player.

Fair enough but Collingwood's never really been consistent at Test level.

Simbazz said:
I'd probably take Collingwood ahead of Symonds. I base this on, me seeing more of the Durham man than Symonds.

I think in ODI Symonds would be great as apperently he hits everytime. But in the longer form of the game it has to be Collingwood ahead of everyone
sorry simbazz but no way, symo saves at LEAST 30 runs each innings and has never dropped a catch and probley has one of the best runouts per matches ratios going around

symonds_sixes said:
If they play Hodge I'll be really annoyed. Not a good choice at all IMO.
i agree, why no voges,north,cosgrove or even hussey at 3 and move white up and play 5 bowlers

evertonfan said:
Also Ponting. How he's been left out of this discussion is amazing.

He's a good fielder, but not quite up there with the chaps being mentioned, he's not quite as quick and mobile as some of the people mentioned. Yes a good fielder, but the chaps mentioned are at the top of the game fielding wise.

puddleduck said:
Symonds is a better Odi player than Collingwood Simbazz. Simbazz your summing my point up for me really.

The English media, and some fans along with it, are desperate to label England the best at anything they can, and in Collingwoods case that's the "best fielder" in cricket. When in reality, he is a very good fielder, but apart from two stunning catches in his international career, he is merely a very good fielder, and part of a group of very good fielders in international cricket that includes the likes of De Villiers, Gibbs, the Marshalls, Clarke, Dilshan, Yuvraj, and for me out in front on his own Symonds.

I never said he was the best :p i just said he was better than the players we were talking about.

In my opinion the best fielder in the world at this current time is Gibbs.

evertonfan said:
Also Ponting. How he's been left out of this discussion is amazing.
or even hussey, both stars :p

evertonfan said:
North as in Marcus North? I don't think he cuts the mustard personally.
yep marcus north, averaged 50 in the past 4 seasons for pura cup and had good county season and made a 100 off 60 odd balls a couple matches ago.

langerrox said:
or even hussey, both stars :p

I think Hussey is one of the best fielders in the team. I'd say Punter is very good with catching, but isn't all that energetic unless he's in the mood. Hussey every game puts in a big game as far as fielding goes.

Users who are viewing this thread