Commonwealth Bank Series

It's usually always an advantage to win the toss at the SCG. The pitch gets slower as the game goes on thus making it harder to bat on.

I guess thats the usual trend of the pitch. If NZ win the toss then it could be an interesting game.

Gilchrist doesnt need any decent pitch to be honest, if Lee bowled a fast one of 150KPH (BTW i dont understand KPH but i think 150 is fast) and it slowed to 90KPH im sure Gilly would find the 3rd tier of the stand easily

Actually looking at some stats of Gilchrist, he's made 2 centuries and 3 half-centuries on the SCG pitch averaging 52.80 batting second while just 4 half-centuries at 37.50 batting first. Quite interesting stats when we usually see the pitch slowing down.

Also Brett Lee seems to bowl better in the first innings of an SCG ODI game. Btw 150km is about 93.2 miles.

Gilly, just so i know about KPH-MPH stats, what is 100 MPH in KPH?
Lee has become a cultured bowler who can now thankfully bowl on any which and look like he is going to have a scalp or two.

IloveGilly said:
Actually looking at some stats of Gilchrist, he's made 2 centuries and 3 half-centuries on the SCG pitch averaging 52.80 batting second while just 4 half-centuries at 37.50 batting first. Quite interesting stats when we usually see the pitch slowing down.

Well early on in both inns it's good to bat on. As the ball gets older you then it gets slower for the batting team so that's why Gilly has such a good record batting 2nd.

Simbazz said:
Gilly, just so i know about KPH-MPH stats, what is 100 MPH in KPH?

160km/h

100mph is equivalent to just over 160kmph. 1 kmph = 0.62 mph.

Lee has certainly learn't to bowl on any type of pitch worldwide with a lot of his averages on the grounds around the 20-30 avg area which is brilliant for a bowler like him.

IloveGilly said:
100mph is equivalent to just over 160kmph. 1 kmph = 0.62 mph.

Lee has certainly learn't to bowl on any type of pitch worldwide with a lot of his averages on the grounds around the 20-30 avg area which is brilliant for a bowler like him.

Even on sub-continent pitches he has seemingly learned to bowl well. On pitches, and where the weather suits it, he can get a bit of swing, and from what ive seen a little reverse aswell :p i think he may have mastered the English art ;)

Lee had the reverse swing long before you guys learnt it ;)
He still is lacking that extra punch on the flat pitches as he showed during the Ashes.

I remember Gilchrist made a golden pair in the subcontient once after slogging a run-a-ball hundred and as he trudged off, Tony Greig was carrying on in shock saying "Adam Gilchrist is gone first ball".
I would've gone to today's match if I wasn't so lazy.

I'd have loved the chance to fly over to the World Cup :p But i suppose ill wait till either England host it, or maybe Ireland :p Far too rainy over there.

Ben, how is it effort getting up to go watch the game? You get to your seat in the stadium, do a big of singing and cheering, obviously a bit of shouting towards the Kiwi's, ok you might jump around a little bit but hardly an exercise video in the making is it:p

Ben, how is it effort getting up to go watch the game? You get to your seat in the stadium, do a big of singing and cheering, obviously a bit of shouting towards the Kiwi's, ok you might jump around a little bit but hardly an exercise video in the making is it
Yeah but I played cricket all day yesterday. Woke up at 6.30am yesty, left at 7, juniors finished at 12.30, played seniors from 1 til 6 o'clock in 30 degree plus heat. I've just woken up about an hour ago, so I figure it'd be much easier to watch the cricket in an air-conditioned room watching it on a widescreen television
Not to mention I'm burnt to a crisp. ;)

Maybe I'll think it'd all be worth it if Hayden makes a ton. :D

Users who are viewing this thread