Commonwealth Bank Series

puddleduck said:
He's a good fielder, but not quite up there with the chaps being mentioned, he's not quite as quick and mobile as some of the people mentioned. Yes a good fielder, but the chaps mentioned are at the top of the game fielding wise.

No you've got me wrong i'm not talking about the 'best fielder' discussion i'm on about the 'better than Colly' debate. I honestly think Ponting is right on par with Collingwood and he's even better than him in some aspects such as stump hitting.

Simbazz said:
I never said he was the best :p i just said he was better than the players we were talking about.

In my opinion the best fielder in the world at this current time is Gibbs.

True you didn't, but considering Symonds is the best fielder in world cricket, you sort of did ;) :p

puddleduck said:
True you didn't, but considering Symonds is the best fielder in world cricket, you sort of did ;) :p

You should never read between the lines in my posts, because anything you find is wrong because im not that clever to ever imply somthing without saying it
:)

This fielding debate makes me want to write an article but before I do I have a question to ask. Is there anyway of finding how many run-outs a player has made or what their hitting the stumps ratio is?

On Cricinfo, click Statsguru and type in your name of the player you want to find. You need to click on fielding dismissals and it tells you how many catches, per match also, and ratio of catching per match, that is all.

evertonfan said:
This fielding debate makes me want to write an article but before I do I have a question to ask. Is there anyway of finding how many run-outs a player has made or what their hitting the stumps ratio is?
well need simon jones for that one

langerrox said:
i agree, why no voges,north,cosgrove or even hussey at 3 and move white up and play 5 bowlers

Hodge has been in the same form as Voges and North plus he has international experience. So I can see why they picked him to trial for a WC spot. But hes failed so next time we are resting a batter I would try Voges or North. Cosgrove is in a form slump like Jaques so no chance.

I hope we use Patel again today. I doubt Bond will be playing unfortonatly.

I'd take the same eleven with Mason in for Bond. Adams is tempting. I also wouldn't mind us experimenting with replacing Bond with Marshall and bowling 10 overs between Astle, McMillan and maybe Ross Taylor. It's pretty risky against a good side though. I rekon McMillan would be up for it ;)

You have to use Patel it's the SCG perfect place to play 2 spinners plus spinners always manage to slow us down during the middle overs.

Would be risky taking the extra batter given Franklin has been leaking runs against Aus, that would mean extra overs for some of the part timers.

I'm pretty sure hes used at the death for his domestic team as he can bowl some good balls in the block hole. Definitely a good find for NZ after they were struggling to find a backup spinner.

Todays game is going to be hard for whoevers bowling first. The heat and humdity outside is hot and sure too cool down during the evening. Definate advantage to bat first in this weather.

Users who are viewing this thread